Vision improvement!

Hpetal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
cold weather!
Well I just wanted to share a really scary experience with you all.
I am T2 and take meds and diet to control BG.
I wear glasses/contact lenses as am shortsighted well blind as a bat as they say. The thing is about a week ago i found i could not see text on my phone with my contact lenses in or with my glasses, it was getting really bad so took them out. I then had some sad news that night and shed lots of tears, yesterday morning i got up intending to put my lenses in after a coffee only to be dumbfounded that i could see perfectly, the tv was sharp and clear as was my mobile screen! I thought i'd sleptwalked and put my lenses in but no, I was freaking out... i couldn't see a thing with my glasses on. It was scary stuff, i could see for miles across the fields from our window, I kid you not!
So worried was I that i went to my optician to get checked out and apparently my one eye which i normally have a vary lens in for reading had changed to be longsighted:woot::watching: it was really weird, she put drops in eyes to check for diabetic damage and to check backs of my eyes.... all was normal, after further consultation with other optician it was decided that the change was due to blood glucose levels going down and no sugar in eyes. I am amazed! they said it won't be permenant but I am making the most of my new clear vision. In fact I flipping love it! :cat: they are going to write to my GP of changes but surely it must mean i am on the right track with Low carb diet and drop in BG levels. That morning BG was 9.3 which is pretty good for me. So has anyone else had this happen at all and how long did it last?

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes I have had that happen too. Not so dramatically as your improvement, but my reading prescription has reduced and has stayed that way for over 4 years.

Reactions: 2 people

Hpetal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
cold weather!
phew thanks for that zand! encouraging to hear your has lasted for so long.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
I would like for diabetics who are at the beginning of managing their condition to be provided with direct information about how the reduction of glucose in the system impacts the eye lenses; I became anxious a month after diagnosis unnecessarily, bought 2 sets of reading glasses. My sight has been fine for over a year so hopefully yours will too.

Hpetal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
cold weather!
I would like for diabetics who are at the beginning of managing their condition to be provided with direct information about how the reduction of glucose in the system impacts the eye lenses; I became anxious a month after diagnosis unnecessarily, bought 2 sets of reading glasses. My sight has been fine for over a year so hopefully yours will too.
Yes I hope so too I have been type 2 for 6 years and had glasses and contact lenses all that time. So I really was amazed when this happened. I agree more info needs to be given on the eyesight changes.