Visual Field Test

joanne75

Hi

I am new to the forum and would like some advice from anyone!!

I have been T1 for 22yrs and have over the past year been receiving laser treatment in both eyes, none however since last September, however my driving licence is up for renewal and they have stated that I need to attend a Fields test to determine whether they will renew my licence, I am so scared that they will take my licence away that I feel physically sick, please can someone tell me what percentage I need to get to pass the test, I have had one in the past at Specsavers and to be honest I could hardly see the lights (I am sure the machine wasnt very good) and she didnt let me wear my glasses which I need for driving???!??, my eyesight hasnt changed at all and if anything my vision has improved, can anyone tell me what to expect and can I insist on wearing my glasses or contacts, please HELP :(

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
This may help explain the test.

Ensure that the visual acuity and visual field tests performed are indeed binocular (measured with both eyes open) and that the appropriate glasses or lenses are worn if required, as this will give a more accurate result than the combined results of each eye taken separately.
If the results of the visual test mean that you do not meet the required standard, it is possible to seek a second opinion at your own expense, and submit this to the DVLA for their consideration

http://www.optical.org/goc/filemanager/ ... ngaw08.pdf

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)