Vitamin and food supplements

endgame

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good evening, this question may seem a little silly and may have been answered else where, my apologys if so. I'm T2 and would like to know if there are any vitamins I should avoid or be aware of that could raise my BG, the same question also goes for food supplements. Any info or link would be much appreciated. Regards to all.

Reactions: Guzzler

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
In my opinion, avoid all of them because they are not necessary, unless you have been diagnosed with a deficiency. Just eat real, minimally processed food and get some sun exposure.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I take vit D as I don’t live in a sunny state. Also ALA ad I don’t eat carbs. ALA provides my anti oxidants.

C and B vitamins raise me.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
In my opinion, avoid all of them because they are not necessary, unless you have been diagnosed with a deficiency. Just eat real, minimally processed food and get some sun exposure.

What is this 'sun' you speak of? ;)

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I agree. I do take 600mg of calcium supplement daily, but I was doing that already before my diagnosis, at the suggestion of an orthopedic surgeon who fixed my hip 12 years ago. No other supplements. If deficiencies turn up in my next full blood work (in February) the doctor will no doubt suggest either dietary changes or supplements to fix.

Reactions: NoCrbs4Me

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
What is this 'sun' you speak of? ;)
LOL! I live in the sunniest city in Canada - Calgary. I once spent August playing in the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo. I wondered why they didn't have the tattoo during the summer. I understand your pain.

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After living in Spain for 15 years we came back to UK two years wand I have now been diagnosed with vitamin D deficiency and am taking a daily supplement as suggested by my doctor to improve my levels.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The only supplement I take is R-ALA

I am a great believer that unless you are diagnosed with a deficiency, or see signs of symptoms of deficiency, they are unnecessary. We can get our vitamins and minerals from food.

Reactions: dbr10