1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Vitamin B complex supplement

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by BrianTheElder, Sep 26, 2019.

1. BrianTheElder

BrianTheElder Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I just had my annual review with the diabetes nurse at my GP practice.
    All was fine, my results were spot on apart from my lipids, which are OK with me, but a little high on their guidelines. She asked if I was still taking statins, I said no and she didn't pursue it.
    However, she suggested that to lower my LDL, I should eat oats - I didn't comment apart from saying I was on a low carb, high fat diet.
    She wasn't perturbed by that, but then said that I could take Vitamin B complex supplements to improve the ratio of HDL and LDL. I have never heard that before, does anyone know anything about that?

2. Metabolism_Boss

Metabolism_Boss Type 2 · Well-Known Member

3. BrianTheElder

BrianTheElder Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thank you @Metabolism_Boss . I will read that with great interest.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook