VITAMIN C SUPPLEMENT

TUI

Can anyone help with this one. I've been taking vitamin c 1000mg as part of my Patrick Holford low GL diet. The vitamin c is supposed to help with weight loss and indeed I have lost over 3 st since June. I have always taken a vit c supplement to protect my skin as I always used to burn so easily but don't at all if I'm taking it even abroad in the hottest conditions. I was taking 500mg and upped it to 1000mg. When I was talking to my twin sister about my fasting glucose test coming up she said to me if I was taking vitamin c stop it 3 days before because it can give false sugar readings. My readings in the morning are always in the high 7's while on the vitamin c but if I stop it after a few days it drops to the low 6's and one morning down in the 5's and I've only been experimenting over the last couple of weeks. If I start again it goes back to the high 7's. Do I go with how I feel on the diet which is fantastic or worry that the vitamin c makes by fasting sugars higher. Has anyone else had similar experiences.