Walnut n Almond

khkwong

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I m type 2 diabetic. When i feel hungry, can i take walnut n almond? How much can i take?

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hey , nuts are actually really good for you .. you can eat really many almonds and walnuts.. the nut with the most carbs in is cashew nuts..most type 2 diabetics can get normal blood glucose numbers if they count their grams of carbs in all their foods
and try to be under 150 grans in total daily..

all meats and fish and cheese is also something you can eat a lot of...

but not the bread crumble , bread , rice and cakes and weets and sugary drinks

Last edited:

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What and how much you eat depends on what happens to your blood sugars but nuts are generally low carb with minimal impact. Just be careful of amount as they can be addictive and may cause weight gain.

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I m type 2 diabetic. When i feel hungry, can i take walnut n almond? How much can i take?

Nuts are good. Both walnuts and almonds have higher carbs than some nuts though (walnuts have nearly twice as much carbs as the relatively similar looking, and similar tasting, pecans). But even then they are relatively low-carb if eaten in moderation.

There is a good summary of carbohydrate information for nuts here: https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/nuts#top7.

I find nuts to be a good source of protein and fat, and a good appetite-cutter between meals. I think I ended up eating too many nuts though!