weeing at night

susie1953

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
im 67 type 2 have been for 3 years ,the problem i have is i have to get up 3 times a night for a wee sorry,i drink very little at night my sugars are fine its getting me down anyone else have this problem

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Well, I usually get up at least once.
In my case it is a bonus of sorts because I usually sleep for more than 8 hours in total and I use a Freestyle Libre which has an 8 hour memory, so if I sleep through I lose data.

Of course it could also be age related as people of a more mature persuasion sometimes have to go to the loo more frequently.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If your sugars are ok, it is unlikely to be related to diabetes.
I recommend talking to your doctor as there are multiple things it could be. Unfortunately, diabetes does not protect us from other conditions.

podgey11

im 67 type 2 have been for 3 years ,the problem i have is i have to get up 3 times a night for a wee sorry,i drink very little at night my sugars are fine its getting me down anyone else have this problem
Ive got exaxctlt same on antibiotics UTI constanly in toilet all night Please advise

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs
@podgey11, welcome to the forums. Your issues seem a little different, I suggest you start your own thread and ask about them. High blood sugars are a common cause of UTIs so if you are diabetic then this could be a sign that you need to work on your blood sugar levels.