Weight gain and Type 2 diabetes on insulin and metformin post pregnancy

Mellie380

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone, I'm new to this site, just looking for some advice really as I'm really struggling at the moment with weight loss.

I've recently had my beautiful daughter and was put on insulin whilst pregnant. My Doctor would like me to stay on insulin as they feel it is working well controlling my sugar levels which is great. They also think I may have an under active thyroid as my gland is enlarged so will be having blood tests soon.

Im worried that staying on insulin and if have thyroid problems too, that I'm going to put more weight on, I'm desperate to lose 3 stone which I have gained during pregnancy and I have been trying so hard to lose the weight but seeing very little loss. I have Joined weight watchers and seem to be staying the same weight over the last 4 weeks and have increased my exercise too. Can anybody help me with any tips to help lose weight? Or has anybody else have experienced similar problems? I've resorted to this week seeing if not eating after 6pm ( will only have fruit or something light after 6 if hungry) and having lemon juice in the morning to see if it will help?

i'm on 8-10 units of Humulin S for each meal and 6 units Humilin I at night including 1 metformin tablet during breakfast and evening meal.

Any advice will be really appreciated

Thank you