Weight gain

Wheatus74

I have just started insulin and carb counting but have put on 3 pounds in the first week. I have not changed my eating habits. Is this normal and how do I prevent further weight gain.

KC67

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This happened to me although I had lost weight before starting the insulin. I gained 1 or 2 pounds a week but my weight levelled out after a while once things settled down.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just started insulin and carb counting but have put on 3 pounds in the first week. I have not changed my eating habits. Is this normal and how do I prevent further weight gain.
What have you been diagnosed with.. that info would help us greatly?

Wheatus74

I am in an unusual category, I was diagnosed type 2 under 30 fit and not overweight some 15 years ago. I have battled with medication since that time. The medication has really stopped working so they put me on insulin just before Christmas. I started carb counting and calculating insulin this week with some good results. It’s just the weight gain that concerns me.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am in an unusual category, I was diagnosed type 2 under 30 fit and not overweight some 15 years ago. I have battled with medication since that time. The medication has really stopped working so they put me on insulin just before Christmas. I started carb counting and calculating insulin this week with some good results. It’s just the weight gain that concerns me.
Have they ever suggested a fasting insulin or c-peptide test to see if you are over or under producing your own insulin? That would be what I would ask for. Your profile certainly doesn't fit the "typical" T2.
What kind of food do you eat currently ? Any particular diet?

Reactions: SimonCrox

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mainly healthy diet, I had less carbs before but they have said I need some carbs with each meal.
So you have never had either test I mentioned?
"Healthy" can mean many things to many people I'm afraid.