Weight increase!!!

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow, very informative but very worriedto eat so much fat. 2 things spring to mind. Cholesterol and high calories. I don't eat nuts, not overly fond of avocados. There's sometimes a bit of meat in the soup but defo no fat except for a little olive oil to start the process. How do you know the ratio of fat to carbs to protein please?
I understand the fear of fat as this has been ingrained for years.

Actually carbs raise CHO. In the absense of carbs fat does not make you fat. Picture this... like @Resurgam said, a low calorie low fat diet only makes for body fat. Tons of people on a low calorie low fat diet not only struggle to lose weight but often end up gaining.
I eat an 80% fat diet but it’s very healthy fat and I don’t gob anything. A tsp of ghee / butter in my morning and afternoon broth, an avo split over the day, a drizzle of EVOO on protein or veg. some nuts and olives for the most part.

Let’s take a salad. A handful of lettuce, a hard boiled egg, a few nuts or avo chunks and a drizzle of olive oil. Since fat has twice as many cals as protein and carbs it doesn’t take much to have a higher percentage of fat. Though my diet is 80% fat I would say I use normal amounts of fat. Not ODing on it.
Fat and protein are essential nutrients. Carbs are not but some have nutritional value.
If I were you I’d slowly add fat to my diet. I’m not talking grease. Some cheese, a plop of butter, a few nuts if you like them. That sort of thing.

I understand your fear but healthy fat is healthy. It keeps the fire burning. You don’t have to jump in feet first but try dipping your toes and see where it goes. My Cho was quite high eating more carbs and low fat. I switched the two around and it’s stellar. All my ratios are ideal. I would literally be starving without some fat.