Weight loss

bigbear1979

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've lost ten pounds
I'm cutting down on my carbs does anyone know if wholegrain pasta is ok for me ?

Reactions: 4 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Try a little measure with your meter,some of us can but most cannot eat pasta

Reactions: 2 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wholegrain pasta is not lower in carbs than regular pasta, I'm afraid. You still might be able to tolerate a spoonful or two, if your meter confirms that. It spikes my BG horrendously!

Oh, and congrats on the weight loss! :)

S

Sean01

I've lost ten pounds
I'm cutting down on my carbs does anyone know if wholegrain pasta is ok for me ?
I'm half Maltese (similar culinary style to Italian. I've eaten pasta!! I've had a kilo at a time when I was weightlifting and on one occasion, I had a pasta salad as a starter, past main course and cannelloni for desert. (We thought our dinner guests needed feeding up!) Try it and see what happens but carbs are carbs. You may end up having to go cold Turkey. I did. We've even had to change our holiday destination this summer from Malta to the Highlands of Scotland - nothing but beef!

Reactions: 6 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

You can't cut down on Carbs and also eat Pasta.

If you really want to take control of your Diabetes the best advice from me would be to forget about all Carbs for a while, and remove them from your diet.

You will see real results and get control of your BG's quickly.

Once you are in that position, you can start to add some Carbs back into your diet, based on your reaction to them, although after not eating Carbs I doubt whether the bloated feeling you get after eating stuff like Pasta will still be appealing.