Weight the same but waist bigger?

DiabeticDadUK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had my check up today. Jumped on the scales and was surprised to see my weight was the same as last time but I'm aware that I feel fatter and assumed I'd put on a few lbs. I am fatter, when the nurse measured my waist, 3cm bigger! But no weight gain

So, weight the same but waist bigger. Do I need to sat doing sit ups? Is it middle age spread? That hasn't happened before. If only everything was 3cm bigger on check ups!

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
3 cm is nothing! Could be from a mug of coffee or a glass of water or she measured slightly higher or lower than last time. Or the tape measure was tighter or looser. I wouldn't sweat it. Daily fluctuations are very normal. Or more likely one of the above.

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
My weight can fluctuate by about 4 pounds over the day. Just depends (ahem) on what I have had to eat and whether a bathroom break is needed! Just see what its like tomorrow.

DaftThoughts

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
This happens to me all the time. I somehow gained 4kgs but remained the same circumference around my waist. Next time around I'd lost 4-5kg and gained 3cm.

Water retention, feces retention, muscle gain/loss all affect this. It seems a couple of kg and a couple of centimeters/inches is a normal deviation!

DiabeticDadUK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks everybody. It's not a concern, as such. Just something I haven't experienced before. Happy to not gain any weight in the last few months at least :)