JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
To be honest though maintaining a low carb diet I don't have what some would call a high fat diet I do however eat full fat products but being unable to exercise to any great degree in order to lose weight I adjust my calorific intake by adjusting the meat and fats I eat even with LCHF portion size is important so I eat LC and variable fats in order to lose weight.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

Could be a few things:
- hidden carbs (sometimes they mount up without us even knowing)
- too much food (appetite often decreases on lchf, but habit can make us eat more than we need)
- too much fat (there is no virtue in stuffing unnecessary fat into every meal. Just eat enough to not feel hungry)
- too many carbs

How many carbs are you eating? And what are your blood glucose tests doing before and after food?
Our bodies can all cope with different amounts of carbs, and even if we are low carbing, we may not be low enough.

Hope this helps. :)

Fingers11/2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi,

Could be a few things:
- hidden carbs (sometimes they mount up without us even knowing)
- too much food (appetite often decreases on lchf, but habit can make us eat more than we need)
- too much fat (there is no virtue in stuffing unnecessary fat into every meal. Just eat enough to not feel hungry)
- too many carbs

How many carbs are you eating? And what are your blood glucose tests doing before and after food?
Our bodies can all cope with different amounts of carbs, and even if we are low carbing, we may not be low enough.

Hope this helps. :)
Hi most informative, I am seeing my diatition to day and will discus with her, thanks again.

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Well lets hope your dietician is diabetic, otherwise they will want you to eat lots of starchy carbs. They really disapprove of low carbing.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I agree with @dawmmc that you need to beware of NHS dieticians (or any) as they so often suggest the high-carb/low-fat diet approach will is not good for us (or anyone?).