Weight

Kjosh

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
i have been to have my bloods checked today and I have gone from 9.2 to 8.7 still not good enough. I also seem to be putting weight on. I also have to have my bloods done again as I am anemic. My nurse is checking on my levels and will then decide if I need to change my insulin and if I need to have twice a day instead of just once. Trying to cut down on carbs but not succeeding feeling a failure.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Relax @Kjosh , nobody said it was going to be easy.

8.7 is a bit high but you're heading in the right direction and maybe a different insulin will help you progress further.

What's the issue with carbs'? Is it the cravings or not knowing what to substitute the carbs with?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kjosh

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
A bit of both really, and my husband cooks so he mostly decides on main meal. I do have a say but when I say can't have that he goes off in a huff. It's very difficult and as retired have too much time t nibble.

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
A bit of both really, and my husband cooks so he mostly decides on main meal. I do have a say but when I say can't have that he goes off in a huff. It's very difficult and as retired have too much time t nibble.
I hear where you are coming from - my other half does just about all of the cooking (his choice) ... and also gets huffy when I complain about too much on my plate, too many carbs, etc etc.
My other half also has diabetes, but I am hoping that with a lot of patience and showing him my BS test results, its showing him that more is not always best - he still tries to put half a tsp of sugar into my tea to make it taste better ....
Do you test? Can you do something similar? Perhaps fib a bit and say anything above (say 7) is really bad for you?

Kjosh

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Done all that, he is getting better and sometimes remembers, I have been diabetic now 11 years and married for 43. I do test but haphazardly have been told if change insulin will have t test more though.

Reactions: 2 people

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
Where possible try and focus on the positive as said earlier it is heading in the right direction so some of what you are doing is working for you. Yes I completely understand the carbs cravings - I still end up taking a bad choice and I am still trying not to blame myself for when it happens - it is a road of learning and testing and re-testing.
Don't feel like you have failed accept you are doing the best you can do.