deborabaratto

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos and hypers
Hey people!
I'm Debora, a type 1 diabetic, using the Accu Chek Spirit Combo pump (Novorapid) and Libre sensor.
For the last 7 days I've adjusted my basals as follows, and it's been working pretty great.
23:00-12:00 0,40
12:00-14:00 0,35
14:00-23:00 0,25
I live a pretty active lifestyle (run every day 3-4km in the afternoon and bike to go to school). I also eat low carb (around 10-20g of carbs per meal, usually 5-7g for breakfast).
Today, however, despite doing what I do every day, I'm finding it really hard to bring my blood sugars down. For example, at 8:46 I took 1u Novorapid (which lowers me 70mg/dl) and fast. Now (at 11:00) I measured and I'm 180.
Any guesses to what might be happening? I'm so confused
Thanks in advance!

OBS: the weather is actually a bit warmer then last week. And I'm on the pill (so I don't think it's because of weird hormones). And I also don't feel sick (for now at least).

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @deborabaratto

Running higher than normal can literally mean anything, dental infection, illness, insulin going off, bad site, hormones, stress, exercise etc etc, your levels aren't what i'd be alarmed at, however if the corrections aren't working then it's best to change your set with fresh insulin, if that's not working then i'd go to an insulin pen for back up in correcting this instead of the pump. Are you seeing a pattern to this ?

This unfortunately, is the joy of t1 in keeping us on our toes, i'm running high overnight at the moment at 230mg/dl or 12.7mmol/l in UK measurements, but am looking for a consistent pattern over a few nights before adjusting my basal ratio, as i'm loathe to change anything unless I can see it's backed up by a pattern.

deborabaratto

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos and hypers
Thanks a lot guys, I got sooo frustrated and sometimes it makes it dificult to think the hundreds of things that can go wrong.
I just got home and changed my infusion site (I changed last night to a "new" place) and it was indeed dodgy.

Huge thanks
1569237158471~2.jpeg

Reactions: Kim Possible