Weird unusual blood sugar levels

Timmermatt

Type of diabetes
LADA
I am T1 have been for 10 years or more, I am 54 was initial diagnosed as T2 which was changed to T1 after more testing.
Normally I take 2 basal of levimir 28 morning same at tea, fast acting is fiasp on average I take 10-12 units with meals.
The last few days I have upped my exercise open water swimming almost everyday this week distances 1 mile to 1 1/2 mile, not changed diet or anything else.
Since Monday when I test my blood sugars are hovering at very close to 7.5, I have not had any insulin at all, for 4 days.
Is this a miracle am I cured ( I think not), is it the slight increase in swimming, or something else.
Weirdly a bit worried that my levels are good this is not normal normally range between 4 and sometimes 18.
Has anyone experienced anything similar.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs
Since Monday when I test my blood sugars are hovering at very close to 7.5, I have not had any insulin at all, for 4 days.

Let me get this right. You normally take 56 units of levimir a day (split into two doses) with an additional 20-30 units of bolus (fiasp), depending on meals. So you're normally on 80 or so units per day.

Now you haven't had any insulin at all for four days, or just no fiasp????

Exercise could reduce your insulin needs, but not magically start making you produce insulin if you weren't making any at all.... Having said that, if you're LADA I guess you could still be producing some insulin....

Edited to add: any chance your blood tsting meter could be faulty?

Reactions: kitedoc

Ronnie_dog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I am T1 have been for 10 years or more, I am 54 was initial diagnosed as T2 which was changed to T1 after more testing.
Normally I take 2 basal of levimir 28 morning same at tea, fast acting is fiasp on average I take 10-12 units with meals.
The last few days I have upped my exercise open water swimming almost everyday this week distances 1 mile to 1 1/2 mile, not changed diet or anything else.
Is this a miracle am I cured ( I think not), is it the slight increase in swimming, or something else.
Weirdly a bit worried that my levels are good this is not normal normally range between 4 and sometimes 18.
Has anyone experienced anything similar.

Blimey, that’s very different to me. I am on basal/bolus. I have been on a LCHF diet for over 4 years and exercise. I barely inject with meals as my carb intake comes from veg and salad so nothing to inject for but if I miss my basal insulin my bloods rise. As mentioned, is it both insulins you have not taken? Seems a little strange. However, if upping your exercise has improved your readings then fantastic. If you switched to a ketogenic-style diet to negate the need for mealtime injections, you could be flying..... best of luck

Reactions: EllieM