Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Have you read the one star review by 'Sunday'? Personally, I would be steering clear.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have you read the one star review by 'Sunday'? Personally, I would be steering clear.

I did. I don’t think they know what paprika is!
70% 5 star rating though.

I’ve been reducing and picking ‘better’ carbs for my grandchildren since January (I’m temporarily lodging with them), I may try it out on them.

Reactions: 1spuds and Guzzler

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I did. I don’t think they know what paprika is!
70% 5 star rating though.

I’ve been reducing and picking ‘better’ carbs for my grandchildren since January (I’m temporarily lodging with them), I may try it out on them.

Wouldn't it be easier (in terms of availability) and slightly cheaper to use Parmesan? I think it has roughly the same carb value.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wouldn't it be easier (in terms of availability) and slightly cheaper to use Parmesan? I think it has roughly the same carb value.

It’s the taste and texture I'm after. I’m a bit cheffy and handy with ingredients and I can think of quite a few things this may be handy for. Parmesan is too strong to be used for most of them.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Looks like the stuff they put on wotsits! Ahhh wotsits a past life favourite, agree it could be handy but I'm not sure I could leave it alone lol

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Anyone tried Engevita? I saw a keto recipe, spray pork scratchings with avocado oil and dust with Engevita. Not tried it as can't cope with scratchings yet.

LindiePops

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyone tried Engevita? I saw a keto recipe, spray pork scratchings with avocado oil and dust with Engevita. Not tried it as can't cope with scratchings yet.

I'm pretty certain @WuTwo uses it, although, I could always be wrong. Apologies if I mis-remembered WuTwo.

Reactions: Kittycat_7_

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Would you try it?
o_O
On my pension I don't have that sort of money to experiment with pots of ground up cheese I'm afraid - I'd rather spend it on something I know I need to eat. But it's an interesting concept though...

Robbity

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.

I use it a lot. It's yeast flakes. Adds a savoury, almost nutty flavour in the cooking, and I sprinkle it over grilled tomatoes etc. I use it both for the flavour and the B vitamins. The most popular is by Marigold.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Marigold-Engevita-Yeast-Flakes-Vitamin/dp/B00JNUJ22U/ref=sr_1_7?crid=1DU4L0BC3MA4A&keywords=engevita+nutritional+yeast+flakes+with+b12&qid=1557159625&s=gateway&sprefix=engevita,aps,161&sr=8-7

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It arrived today and is a hit. It’s wotsis in cheesy heaven and tastes wonderful.

Reactions: 1spuds