What Annoying Things Have People Said About Your Diabetes?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The guy in the bakery which has just opened said that because the bread he sells has no sugar or preservatives or additives then diabetics, celiacs and people with IBS can eat it, no problem.
Well at least he declares his commercial interest unlike most researchers...

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
The guy in the bakery which has just opened said that because the bread he sells has no sugar or preservatives or additives then diabetics, celiacs and people with IBS can eat it, no problem.

OMG I would be extremely ill and with constant vomiting because I have Coeliac :banghead::banghead::banghead: Maybe a closing down sign will be up at some point in time lol................:rolleyes:

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
A woman I use to work with once said to me that she'd got her husband a bike for his birthday . That's nice I said . Yeah it is isn't it as I don't want my husband turning out like yours . If we weren't at work at the time I would of smashed her right in the face there and then.

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
A woman I use to work with once said to me that she'd got her husband a bike for his birthday . That's nice I said . Yeah it is isn't it as I don't want my husband turning out like yours . If we weren't at work at the time I would of smashed her right in the face there and then.
Wow she sounds like a cheeky ***** (I hope it’s ok to say that)

Post edited by moderator for language

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: tina_marie

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ziggy2017

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good for you.

D

Deleted member 308541

One thing I have to ask this thread thou is.......
Why do you care what ignorant, insensitive people say?
Well said.

I have a thick skin, and never worry what other people say as it just bounces off of me. :meh:

Reactions: ickihun

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I don’t much care what other people think ore even ehat they say; it’s not my concern.. My wife and my children fully support all my strange, weird and interesting dietary practices; everyone else is, quite frankly just making noises.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Friend ...... "You don't look like a diabetic. You aren't fat"

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Friend ...... "You don't look like a diabetic. You aren't fat"

I've had three different doctors say that to me! I swear I could walk into a doctors surgery with my own head in a carrier bag & their response would be "Well that's weird - it's not as though you're overweight!". :banghead:

ashvxii

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin

Wow, that’s so rude and insensitive

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Good job I wasn't working there. She would have had double trouble. ;)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
We're you not tempted to ask "if she was going with him on his rides. As you heard someone's husband used his last bike riding to cover up an affair"?
What would have given her something to ready worry about. Ha ha

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
We're you not tempted to ask "if she was going with him on his rides. As you heard someone's husband used his last bike riding to cover up an affair"?
What would have given her something to ready worry about. Ha ha
No, but it was funny what happened to her later in the day. A customer got a large bottle of pop and as she put on the checkout she dropped it . The bottle exploded all over the mouth moo.

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
No, but it was funny what happened to her later in the day. A customer got a large bottle of pop and as she put on the checkout she dropped it . The bottle exploded all over the mouth moo.
Lol she deserved it :D