What are the consequences

JimG

Following the advice on the site I have stuck reasonably well to the low carbs and have shed around 12lbs and my morning BS has dropped from 7 to around 5.5 over the last few days. If......I have a day off, have some rolls, fruit or even cake can I return to the diet and suffer no consequences or does the BS take another while to get back into line.

sixfoot

Jim ............. I assume you are not from mars or other exotic location. That being so we are all human and do have off days. The critical thing is that if your Blood Sugars go above 7.0 for regular and sustained periods the risk of complications increases.

There fore as you will see from the many posts on the subject it is in your best interests to maintain as tight a control as you are able.

Good luck
Dave P

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
If you have persistent high 'spikes' in your blood sugar this will affect your Hba1c.A consistent Hba1c of over 7 will eventually led to diabetic complications.If you are talking about the occasional treat however then ,providing you don't overdo it, there shouldn't be a problem.