What are you doing now and humorous banter.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Had a bit of a rough D ride today - nothing too disastrous but glad it’s over, despite the good things like teeny frog and seeing nice people who understood that a hypo meant I’d missed an appointment.
Little froglet, cat and I now wish you all goodnight, sleep tight.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Just found the first of the teeny weeny frogs in the pond, all that effort to take out and protect the frogspawn while the old liner was replaced then catch the tadpoles in the duckweed-infested containers was worth all the blood-sugar mayhem that went with it! I love seeing the little froglets. May the frogs flourish!

I love frogs and hope your froglets flourish too FG

I don’t have any here but our old house and garden had loads and I loved watching them and even fed them slugs from the tip of a long cane

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Good morning friends
Glorious sunny day

Meeting up with my brother and 2 sisters for coffee in Brampton at 11am we meet up about 5-6 times a year for a natter - no partners or kids just the 4 of us

Have a wonderful day peeps

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I love frogs and hope your froglets flourish too FG

I don’t have any here but our old house and garden had loads and I loved watching them and even fed them slugs from the tip of a long cane

If I could work out how to upload a picture from my phone onto this thread then I’d send you a virtual froglet Cumbs. I’ve tried a few times but concluded I’m too tech-daft

Reactions: Cumberland

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hello@ickihun,to see you nice......nice to see you too,how are you ?
Still awaiting to meet the bariatric surgeon. The dieticians and educator on bariatric course are mostly low carb ignorant so none diabetics are encouraged to eat their healthy carbs.
Hundreds of op survives are having 'head hunger' after the op and end up stretching their stomach to overeat again. They are suffering with terrible carb cravings and addiction. More and more are having this problem. I understand they are encouraged to get their meals in and snacks too. Some very debateble advice.
I'm focused on changing my diet after op and doing so without hunger. The sooner I get a stable routine the better. I know I have 6wks of liver shrinking diet to complete before op but not met surgeon yet.
I'm ready for op. Have been from the start. Its getting boring now. It has messed up my clear thinking and successful low carb eating. Finances have improved so no more £20a week food allowance for the 4 of us. Phew!
Little one will most likely going to be diagnosed with Austic Spectrum for his understanding and social interactions. (His dad's family have heavy autism in them all). Mr ickihun has ocd and traits.
How I manage it all, even amazes me.

Reactions: Clivethedrive

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Just off for appointment with nurse this morning......have developed a rather impressive blister on my lower leg (just above ankle) which is the size of a 5p piece (have photo :snaphappy: to prove it)....doesn’t look or seem infected, just fluid filled and large....:wideyed:...
.....reaction to insect bite (they seem to like me) but increasingly convinced that bite and sing cream I was using is the culprit as it seems to make bites worse not better.....will check this out with nurse and pharmacist and hope she can do something with it....:nurse:

....other than that just a relaxing day and trying to stay cool :cool: away from the heat.....hope everyone has a good day whatever you are doing....:)

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hope they fix your blister @ Molly56.
I ordered Skin so Soft plus some for daughters - it saw off a mossie that had invaded the bedroom - great stuff, thank you for the heads up on that.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I'm in limbo.

Was supposed to go shopping yesterday to collect items I'd ordered and my daughter upset me with her attitude and so I didnt feel like it. Instead I started adding info to a website, yawn.

So now I can go today with hubby and I'm all dressed ready to go but looks like one of the parcels hasnt arrived yet, argh. So might be tomorrow instead.

On a plus note had a nice top off a shop on ebay so might wear that Friday after my titivation to our monthly meal out.

Enjoy the sun, those that can.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Still awaiting to meet the bariatric surgeon. The dieticians and educator on bariatric course are mostly low carb ignorant so none diabetics are encouraged to eat their healthy carbs.
Hundreds of op survives are having 'head hunger' after the op and end up stretching their stomach to overeat again. They are suffering with terrible carb cravings and addiction. More and more are having this problem. I understand they are encouraged to get their meals in and snacks too. Some very debateble advice.
I'm focused on changing my diet after op and doing so without hunger. The sooner I get a stable routine the better. I know I have 6wks of liver shrinking diet to complete before op but not met surgeon yet.
I'm ready for op. Have been from the start. Its getting boring now. It has messed up my clear thinking and successful low carb eating. Finances have improved so no more £20a week food allowance for the 4 of us. Phew!
Little one will most likely going to be diagnosed with Austic Spectrum for his understanding and social interactions. (His dad's family have heavy autism in them all). Mr ickihun has ocd and traits.
How I manage it all, even amazes me.

I hope you dont mind me butting in here.

Last year I was referred for bariatric surgery as I was double the weight I should be. I wasnt impressed when this male doctor said it was my only hope with the other health problems I had.

I did my own research by joining a couple of groups and made the decision that however overweight I was bariatric surgery wasnt for me (they wanted to do a sleeve).

I did write to the consultant and explained I wasnt for bariatric surgery but could I continue with the clinic as I felt the psychologist could help me with some of my food hangups stemming from my childhood.

I rejoined weight watchers in February and to date I've lost 2 stone so that so far has proved the man wrong.

I just wanted to say whatever path you take make sure its the right one for you and not what other people expect or have pushed you into. Its very invasive (as I'm sure you know).

It does work for a lot of people and I wish you well in your journey.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Weather here is competing for attention; sun, mist, breeze, sun (again).
Hope your day is a good one.
IMG_0286.jpg

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I hope you dont mind me butting in here.

Last year I was referred for bariatric surgery as I was double the weight I should be. I wasnt impressed when this male doctor said it was my only hope with the other health problems I had.

I did my own research by joining a couple of groups and made the decision that however overweight I was bariatric surgery wasnt for me (they wanted to do a sleeve).

I did write to the consultant and explained I wasnt for bariatric surgery but could I continue with the clinic as I felt the psychologist could help me with some of my food hangups stemming from my childhood.

I rejoined weight watchers in February and to date I've lost 2 stone so that so far has proved the man wrong.

I just wanted to say whatever path you take make sure its the right one for you and not what other people expect or have pushed you into. Its very invasive (as I'm sure you know).

It does work for a lot of people and I wish you well in your journey.
Thanks @wolfie11969.
Its definitely the right thing for me. I enjoyed the psychologists findings. We concluded I don't have any eating disorders or concerns.
My weight is due to genes and insulin need increased from weight gain after both pregnancies with a weight gaining underactive thyroid.
I am looking forward to a new size stomach and I will be nurturing it, for life.