What are you doing now and humorous banter.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good afternoon @wolfie11969 .....just a quiet day here today....trip to garden centre this morning to get bag of cat litter and hairdressers this afternoon for a quick trim (realised it was four months since last haircut) .....now for relaxing afternoon and evening with cauliflower cheese and sausages for dinner....
....hope you enjoy your ‘home alone’ evening.....feet up and relax.....:)

....hope weather is kind for your meet and greet greyhound outing on Sunday....wrap up warm.....does dog have a snazzy jacket to wear for his debut meeting....:)

hi Molly56

Hubby enjoying his trip out. I decided to get on top off the laundry so merrily washing and drying whatever I can find.

I tried watching one film and turned it off because it was too dated - early 80's and the clothes and spectacles were making me laugh. So I watched a film called Risen about a Roman tribune and his meeting with Jesus of Nazareth. It was Ok. I'm going to now watch an episode of Casualty with the rest of a glass of wine.

And yes Freddie has a lovely burgundy waterproof, fleece-lined, reflective coat. He's better dressed than I am. It's strange with greyhounds because they recognise their own kind so enjoy having a 'chat'. I'll be back to let you know how he gets on.

Enjoy your weekend

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well it's wet so I'm not going to enjoy the jobs I have ahead of me.

Have to go poop scooping the garden. Some huge monstrous dog from over the back has broken through our fence and deposited his mark all over the garden. So today we have to fix the fence too. I'm going to pinch a word of Cumberland's and slob the day away in a pair of old jogging bottoms and hoodie. Oh and industrial boots

Tomorrow's walk has been cancelled - no idea why - just came up on facebook last night. So might try doing the walk ourselves to familiarise where the dogs walk.

Anyway best get back to the text my friend sent me half hour ago.

Enjoy your day

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Just a brief walk up to town and back this morning to get a pair of glasses fixed......followed by a spot of gardening to chop half a tree down....then lunch and now for a relaxing afternoon and evening....looking forward to ham, egg and chips for dinner...:hungry:

....hope everyone is having a good day whatever you are doing....stay warm :)

Reactions: jay hay-char

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We're in the process of having virtually every window in the house replaced, so things are a bit upside down at the moment. The workmen aren't in today, so we're taking advantage of this to have a quiet, relaxing day. Out for the day to celebrate Mrs h-c's birthday (she will be mumble, mumble years old )

Reactions: Clivethedrive

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We're in the process of having virtually every window in the house replaced, so things are a bit upside down at the moment. The workmen aren't in today, so we're taking advantage of this to have a quiet, relaxing day. Out for the day to celebrate Mrs h-c's birthday (she will be mumble, mumble years old )
Out for the day tomorrow, that is

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
@jay hay-char ....perfect time for replacing windows...;).....do you get discount for doing it in winter months....thankfully no snow forecast for foreseeable future as far as I’ve seen.....
....enjoy the rest of your weekend and sending birthday greetings to Mrs H-C from us both.....:joyful:

....good to see you back on forum.....you have been missed....:).....

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
@wolfie11969 ,
Its perfectly ok to wear a trouser suit to a wedding, its not going to be much fun for you if your not comfortable in your clothes, I wore trousers and matching top to my daughters wedding, I wasn't the only trouser clad person there either, I have a lot of visible scars, thyroid, by-pass etc....... so wearing a high front top was indispensable so as not to show off the tram lines.......so I would say go for what your comfortable in and enjoy the day........;)

Reactions: Molly56

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@wolfie11969 ,
Its perfectly ok to wear a trouser suit to a wedding, its not going to be much fun for you if your not comfortable in your clothes, I wore trousers and matching top to my daughters wedding, I wasn't the only trouser clad person there either, I have a lot of visible scars, thyroid, by-pass etc....... so wearing a high front top was indispensable so as not to show off the tram lines.......so I would say go for what your comfortable in and enjoy the day........;)

Thankyou for that. I've seen a lovely jumpsuit at Phase Eight here in the UK. Might go give that a try on.

I do have scars but what I'm hoping to hide are my tattoos. I have quite a few large ones in visible places and I dont think it appropriate to be in the wedding photos. My daughter isnt bothered as most of her bridesmaids have large tattoos too, mainly on their legs.

I think I will go and order that jumpsuit now and see if I look like a recycled teenager ;)

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Happy birthday to the wife, enjoy your day

Reactions: jay hay-char

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I've woke up to carnage. Freddie has chewed his way through a box of stickle bricks and ruined a clock Hayleigh made for me about 3 years ago. So not happy this morning with him. I guess there are no such thing as too many chewies and teddies. Looks like we will be on the hunt again for something else to keep him occupied in the few hours hubby leaves him to go to bed. Might invest in a couple of Kongs

Today - I have no idea what to do with myself. My book is calling me and I have chores to do. I did some chores yesterday but the house has gone rapidly downhill since my pre-Christmas clean. Guess that means another clean is on the way - lucky girl I am.

I think I'm going to make a cuppa and have some breakfast, feed Freddie and sit and see what the world of Facebook brings today ha ha

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Thankyou for that. I've seen a lovely jumpsuit at Phase Eight here in the UK. Might go give that a try on.

I do have scars but what I'm hoping to hide are my tattoos. I have quite a few large ones in visible places and I dont think it appropriate to be in the wedding photos. My daughter isnt bothered as most of her bridesmaids have large tattoos too, mainly on their legs.

I think I will go and order that jumpsuit now and see if I look like a recycled teenager ;)

I was concerned about wearing trousers, but when I spoke to my daughter she said she didn't care if I turned up in my bath towel as long as I was there, I suspect you daughter feels the same so go try it on and if you like it get it and have a great time......:happy:

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy birthday to the wife, enjoy your day
Thanks. I meant to say we're out for the day tomorrow, but that was yesterday, so we are out for the day today now, if you see what I mean. It's a bit like Kipper's Birthday, if you've ever read that to any kids . Have a nice day, anyway

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@wolfie11969 we saw Risen last year, and loved it. Did you get that the “bartender” out in the desert was actually Jesus pouring living water for the centurion?
Hi everybody! I am sitting in bed with a heavy duty trigger point massager working on my right ankle. Weather changes make my back and thus whole leg act up.
I’ve spent 2 days dealing with a massively constipated cat. To vet, sedate, manual removal, enema, stand back thar she blows!! Cat was barely awake when I brought him home, so I locked him back up in the basement bedroom with his litter box. Things tk do if your cat is sedated and has enema: make sure the washable covers on all the sleeping surfaces are covered with more washable covers, and be sure you have plenty of laundry detergent and chlorine bleach! Poor kittie...
Visited mom-with-dementia today and had a charming bit of conversation. She’d been reading a news article about Russian interference, conflated that, spy movies, and her previous assisted living, to tell a (gospel truth to her) report about a meeting she’d witnessed between two men, one of whom was a Russian!!! Much excitement! It was so cute. All you have to do is pretend to believe it, and she’s happy!!
Made Cream of Green Stuff Soup with chicken, Parmeggiano, and a piece of my LC bread.
IMG_7374.jpg

Reactions: Cumberland

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@wolfie11969 we saw Risen last year, and loved it. Did you get that the “bartender” out in the desert was actually Jesus pouring living water for the centurion?
. View attachment 30695

No I didnt see that bit. I did have a phonecall whilst the film was on so maybe missed that bit. It's not the sort of film hubby would watch so I'd have to watch it again on my own. (Good job he goes out regularly)

I also watched 2 older films recently that I had never seen - Gone with the Wind and Dr Zhivago. Enjoyed GWTW but wasnt so keen on Dr Zhivago. I thought there were too many plot holes. I have loads of other stuff recorded to watch so might see what this weekend brings when hubby goes out to play

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Overcast here

Well it's now quiet in our house after Freddie had a mad 20 minutes. Nutty dog

I have a day planned out today. Im'm off to a group early afternoon, then popping into retail park to pick up some clothes I ordered for stepson and then diet class tonight. I've gone back to my old leader in the hopes she will give me some pointers (this lady has lost about 15 stone so I'm hoping my paltry 5 is achievable) Suppose I better eat the cake I bought on Monday.

Hope you all have a good day whatever you get up to

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oooh sleet, please keep it your way. We have beautiful sunshine but its very cold. Bit of a wind too.

Today - erm walking Freddie and then daughter and grandchildren here for sausages, mash and gravy.

And after they have gone I'll chill out with a g&t, oh the life.

Enjoy your day, whatever it brings