What are you doing now and humorous banter.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all

Well some good news. My eldest moved home and seems happy. Number one worry gone
My youngest daughter is interacting more with baby (he's 10 months this week) so hoping she's coming out of the depression. Her husband will always be a bit of a pig but at least she can offload to us. Worry number two nearly gone
Son has finished his placement but they have kept him on for a short while to train him so he can move on elsewhere. As they are a church charity I thought it lovely they wanted to give him further training at their cost in exchange for a few hours work. Keeps him out of trouble. Worry number three going
My grandchiildren are well. Grandson will be walking soon. He babbles a couple of words - momma, dadda, nanna. Loves coming to ours to see the dog.
Granddaugher number 1 is having school issues so working on that. Tricky age coming into teens so school, mom and support worker all working together. No school this week as half term.
Granddaughter number two I'm amazed, she's just turned 5 and can now use her own pump to administr the insulin if you tell her what amount the carbs are. She has good and bad days as sometimes can be a bit non erbal but have established with school's help that she is possibly doing it for attention from different family members as she now isnt the baby any longer.

We're in the middle of decorating the kitchen. Nice sunny yellow. Eldest daughter oming tomorrow to help do the gloss as neither me or hubby can get on the floor. Payment is a Mcdonalds lol.

I'm hit and miss after car accident. Memory a bit poor. Still lots of pain. Might go see a chiropracter or ask GP for physio. He gave me some pain relief but hubby reckons opiods and addictive so trying not to take them.

Whats the Commonwealth people amongst us doing for the Platinum Jubilee? I must admit we're not doing anything special apart from making some cakes and havng sandwiches in the garden (if it's dry).

Enjoy your week

Reactions: hankjam

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning folks

Today I'm off to my youngest daughter's house to have a chat and see baby. Hard to believe he will be 1 in August.
Tomorrow I have a door to paint and possibly the frame.
Just bought some great wallpaper for my bedroom, it's got books on it ha ha. Hubby picked it so just need a clear couple of days to do the feature wall, freshen up the paint and off we go another room done.
Think leave it then til after our trip to Spain.

Reactions: Hopeful34

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've not been around as I've had COVID.
Had all the jabs but caught it either from baby or his daddy who works in the hospital.
Been pretty poorly, not done much except read and rest.
Still not completely well but hoping to be back to normal service soon.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
I’m watching the Commonwealth Games on TV

w00d57

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
pain!!!!
i'm all about the banter but 220 pages seems daunting for me to catch up on haha..

Reactions: Aishia

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Been Mia, had health issues.
Also looking after family.
Decorating.
Bedroom this weekend.
Spain in a few weeks, can't wait

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Currently lying on the sofa with a book.

Blood tests hba1c was 38, coming along nicely

Negative will have a test for absorption of b12 as I am deficient. Did a bit of research could be my bowel condition. Appt with gp on Monday to discuss the things I forgot last appt.

Family well

Aishia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
O
One thing I just can't believe is Alf you started this thread about 'What are you doing Now'
And then not to talk about their diabetes. Well because they are diabetic after all
What did you expect.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
One thing I just can't believe is Alf you started this thread about 'What are you doing Now'
And then not to talk about their diabetes. Well because they are diabetic after all
What did you expect.
I refuse to say I'm a diabetic simply because if I had cancer I wouldn't say I'm a cancer would I!

Aishia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
O
To JTL This is a diabetic Forum. Therefore people who are diabetic would naturally want to answer
a question 'What you are you doing now'. With maybe 'did my blood sugars this morning
etc etc.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
To JTL This is a diabetic Forum. Therefore people who are diabetic would naturally want to answer
a question 'What you are you doing now'. With maybe 'did my blood sugars this morning
etc etc.
I think you misunderstand.
I said I avoid calling myself a diabetic because if I had cancer I wouldn't say I'm a cancer would I?
If I say I'm a diabetic I'm letting this disease define me which I don't think is a good idea for me.
I have T2 diabetes it doesn't have me...

Reactions: Aishia

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
What I'm doing this evening is trying to manipulate a guitar riff into becoming more of a keyboard riff but I'm having an hour away from it because it's driving me nuts and looking like I'll give it up anyway!
Couple of glasses of whiskey to relax before I scream at my computer screen... yes I know I'm still using a computer very old fashioned blah blah.....

Aishia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
O
Sorry JTL If I got it wrong . I apologise. No don't give it up. Try tomoro, It's always a new day.

• Friendly
Reactions: JTL

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Playing Settlers4 Gold edition free download for PC and feeling chuffed that my settlers survived more than 40 mins tonight.