what are you having for dinner?

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hello guys im new here just wanted to know what y'all ar having cuz im having Salad with Grilled Shrimp
see the recipes preparation below

Ingredients:

Fresh or frozen shrimp (peeled and deveined)
Mixed greens (such as lettuce, spinach, and arugula)
Various vegetables (e.g., cherry tomatoes, cucumber, bell peppers, red onion)
Olive oil
Lemon juice
Garlic (minced or pressed)
Salt and pepper
Optional: Fresh herbs (like parsley or basil), grated Parmesan cheese, or a light vinaigrette dressing.
Preparation:

Prepare the Shrimp:

If using frozen shrimp, thaw them by placing them in a colander under cold running water for a few minutes.
Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels.
In a bowl, marinate the shrimp with a mixture of olive oil, minced garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. You can add some fresh herbs here if desired.
Preheat a grill or a grill pan over medium-high heat.
Grill the shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side or until they turn pink and opaque. Be careful not to overcook, as shrimp can become rubbery.
Prepare the Salad:

Wash and chop the mixed greens into bite-sized pieces.
Wash, slice, and chop your chosen vegetables. Common options include cherry tomatoes, cucumber, bell peppers, and red onion.
Toss the mixed greens and vegetables in a large salad bowl.
Assemble the Salad:

Place the grilled shrimp on top of the bed of mixed greens and vegetables.
Dressing and Optional Toppings:

Drizzle the salad with a light vinaigrette dressing if you like. Alternatively, you can use a simple combination of olive oil and lemon juice for a fresh and tangy flavor.
If desired, sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese on top for added flavor.
Nutritional Value (approximate values):

The nutritional content of your grilled shrimp salad may vary based on the specific ingredients used and portion sizes. Here's an estimate for a basic version without dressing or cheese:

Grilled shrimp (3 ounces): About 85 calories, 1 gram of fat, 18 grams of protein.
Mixed greens and vegetables: Varies based on the types and amounts used but generally low in calories and high in vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
Olive oil (for grilling and dressing): About 120 calories and 14 grams of fat per tablespoon.
Lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper: Minimal calories.
Optional dressing or cheese: Nutritional values will depend on the type and amount used.
incase you are thinking of how i got these recipes in actually got it from a diabetic cookbook the book really helped me a lot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
yh sure
Absolutely, it's been quite a journey! When I was first diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, I didn't know where to start. One day, while browsing online, I stumbled upon this incredible cookbook on Amazon, and little did I know it would become a game-changer in my journey to better health.

This cookbook, with its glowing reviews and tantalizing recipes, seemed like a beacon of hope. I decided to give it a shot, and it turned out to be a hidden gem.

Filled with a variety of diabetes-friendly recipes, the cookbook quickly became my guide to managing my condition. I started experimenting with dishes that aligned with my health goals, and it was surprisingly easy and enjoyable.

One of the standout recipes I discovered was a hearty vegetable and lentil soup. It was not only delicious but also packed with fiber, vitamins, and had a low glycemic index. I couldn't believe how something so tasty could be so good for my health.

Over time, I made more changes to my diet, like swapping processed sugars for natural sweeteners, using whole grains instead of refined flours, and incorporating lean proteins and colorful veggies into every meal. The results were truly astounding.

My blood sugar levels improved, and I was able to reduce my reliance on medication. My doctor was impressed, and I felt more in control of my diabetes than ever before. It wasn't just about managing a condition; it was about embracing a healthier way of life.

That cookbook I stumbled upon online became my guide and my source of inspiration. It was a reminder that sometimes, the solutions to our health challenges can be just a click away. It was proof that taking care of my health was not only about what I ate but also about the incredible resources available to us.

So, in a nutshell, that online cookbook became my ticket to discovering a world of delicious, diabetes-friendly recipes that made a significant difference in my health. It's been a journey of transformation, resilience, and the incredible power of food to heal and nourish. I'm living proof that sometimes, a simple online discovery can lead to remarkable improvements in health.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok don’t keep it to yourself ;) do you have the name and author of the book so we can all have a look? I love finding new recipes and new ways to do things

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Over time, I made more changes to my diet, like swapping processed sugars for natural sweeteners, using whole grains instead of refined flours, and incorporating lean proteins and colorful veggies into every meal. The results were truly astounding.
That is really interesting and I'm really happy that you have found a dietary regime that works for you. Your profile says you are 23, which is quite young to get T2. Many of the T2s here reduce the carbs in their diets to achieve remission via diet, so they tend to avoid whole grains as well as refined ones, and count carbs instead of calories.

Your shrimp recipe sounds delicious though, and looks very low in carbs to me.

Can I ask how long you've been following this diet and/or had diabetes?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My blood sugar levels improved, and I was able to reduce my reliance on medication
I'm puzzled.
You changed your profile info to say you have diabetes, treated by diet only.
And now you say you're on medication for your diabetes, albeit reduced.

While you're not obliged to share any medical details of course, it is important not to share the wrong details.

Approaches and advice are different depending on the type of medication people use, and things can get dangerous if people start to reply assuming someone isn't on medication when they are.