what are you reading? what do you like to read?

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Sorry to disappoint you but the Harry Potter books are quite good literature too. Good enough for me, an advanced reader of fifty years (or maybe a little less) and would choose Rowlings over Evanovitch a hundred times.

Mankell is boring. Or anyway his Wallander books are. I get so tired of all these middle-aged cops, Swedish or British, who listen to opera and complain about what the world has come to without having any solutions just pouring out bile.

Give me Dalziel and I will be happy, always.
Dalziel? As in Dalziel and Pascoe? Love Evanovitch. Some better than others. Great bed time read and always bring a smile to my face. Have you read any Susan Cooper? The Dark is Rising was made into a film and my youngest loves it. Love Wallander although thought Faceless Killers and the white lioness were not my faves. Hate the British remakes of Wallander by Kenneth Brannaugh - hubbie usually takes tv controller off me and gently turns the tv off. What about Liza marklund, Helene Tursten, Kristina ohlsson and Anne holt?

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dalziel? As in Dalziel and Pascoe? Love Evanovitch. Some better than others. Great bed time read and always bring a smile to my face. Have you read any Susan Cooper? The Dark is Rising was made into a film and my youngest loves it. Love Wallander although thought Faceless Killers and the white lioness were not my faves. Hate the British remakes of Wallander by Kenneth Brannaugh - hubbie usually takes tv controller off me and gently turns the tv off. What about Liza marklund, Helene Tursten, Kristina ohlsson and Anne holt?
Marklund - boring
Tursten - havent read
Ohlsson - reading atm

I did enjoy PJ Harvey, the few could lay my hands on. I also very much enjoy Laurie R King. Her "Folly" is one of the best things I ever read, all categories. I have had a lot of fun with her Mary Russel/Holmes books too, and of course her series with the Californian detective.

But R. Hill will do any time. Or Harry Potter. Or Jane Austin.

I read them, you know. Only time I watch them is in my mind. Remember reading a review of the film The Bridges in Madison County. and couldn't understand why the review was published then, as I had seen the film several years ago until I realised I only had read the book.

julie56

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Angry people and liver!
Have just read The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion - was laugh out loud funny in places, wonderful characters and a warm witty read, can highly recommend. Am now reading The Facts of Life and Death by Belinda Bauer all set in my local area of Bideford, a good psychological crime novel just hope it doesn't put people off coming this way for holidays, we are not all like the characters portrayed......mwahahaha!!

Reactions: 4 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Going through an Iain Banks phase at the moment, currently nearing the end of 'Transition'. I should have taken notice of him before his untimely death.

Chris Brookmyre for a laugh, especially his earlier stuff (losing interest after 'Pandaemonium').

Jo Nesbo is great, but some Scandinavian crime/thrillers leave me cold.

Quite a lot of history - Plantagenets, WW1, Balkans, Caucasus.

Hobby material.

Reactions: 2 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Marklund - boring
Tursten - havent read
Ohlsson - reading atm

I did enjoy PJ Harvey, the few could lay my hands on. I also very much enjoy Laurie R King. Her "Folly" is one of the best things I ever read, all categories. I have had a lot of fun with her Mary Russel/Holmes books too, and of course her series with the Californian detective.

But R. Hill will do any time. Or Harry Potter. Or Jane Austin.

I read them, you know. Only time I watch them is in my mind. Remember reading a review of the film The Bridges in Madison County. and couldn't understand why the review was published then, as I had seen the film several years ago until I realised I only had read the book.
Which ohlsson? Like Tursten as they are all set in Gothenburg, which is one of my fave cities in the world. Like marklund. Find them quite pacey. Strange how we all like different things. I also like Jane Austen. Haven't read Mary Russell.

K

Kat100

Hi Kat, how are you? Office politics by Oliver James is fairly amazing!
Hi scandichic , how are you doing , life has been a bit quiet since you have gone back to school lol
When are the next hols .....x keep up the reading ....Kat