What are you Snacking on this evening?

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A cheese sandwich with buttered low carb bread.

And some walnuts which seem to be very filling.

Last edited:

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Nothing...

Big plate of spicy chicken and green veg took care of things.

Reactions: Goonergal

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No snacks here either. Best to eat enough at your meals and avoid triggering an insulin response too often.

Reactions: hankjam

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Had three haddock fillets at 18:00 and that's me till yogurt at 06:30.
Snacks, not so much.

Reactions: Goonergal
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Had my dinner and that's it for me, I never snack, unless I am low ( but that doesn't count ) lol

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don’t snack during the evening but sometimes have a few nuts at bedtime :)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure I feel the need to snack on anything after sirloin steak and foie gras...

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I suspect only the virtuous have replied here, @Type-2-Havent-A-Clue . I tend not to snack in the evenings, but if I do feel peckish, I have a drink first. Usually coconut or almond milk. If Still feel hungry after 20 mins or so I would have a few walnuts or almonds. If you crave chocolate try some with at least 70% cocoa solids. Lindt and some supermarkets own brands are rather good.

I also try to be virtuous about only eating at meal times, but on the odd occasion allow myself a beer. If I need to snack with that I have pork scratchings. They are low carb. I used to think they were disgusting, but have acquired the taste for them. I would also consider a piece of cheese. Some say that cheese at night can cause nightmares. Doen't affect me that way.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Still have some home made truffles left. Somewhere between 2 and 4 carbs each :)

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Freezing cold tonight I was really "mouth hungry" and looking for something comforting- I always had a bit of a low carb snack about 9ish but have dropped it since I started keto 3 weeks ago - feeling wouldn't go away so had a beef stock cube and a baby bel cheese and that seemed to work :)

D

Deleted member 308541

I suspect only the virtuous have replied here,
I do not call myself virtuous, I manage my self control with food just the same as I did with stopping the nicotine habit.

I would hazard a guess that the OP is like my older sibling who is also diabetic, that they need a crutch to lean on by snacking.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I do not call myself virtuous, I manage my self control with food just the same as I did with stopping the nicotine habit.

I would hazard a guess that the OP is like my older sibling who is also diabetic, that they need a crutch to lean on by snacking.
What I meant, @Tipetoo is that members might not post if they were inclined to snack, as it can be frowned upon as lacking self control. My use of 'virtuous' was very tongue in cheek, though self control is, in my opinion, a virtue.
I wouldn't like to assume that the OP, a new member, needs anything other than a reply to his query. Which I took to mean, 'what can I have as a snack'. As a less virtuous member I admitted I sometimes snack. :rolleyes:

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nothing. I find my low carb diet avoids the "need" for snacks between meals. However I do often have a small planned bedtime supper ...

Type-2-Havent-A-Clue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What I meant, @Tipetoo is that members might not post if they were inclined to snack, as it can be frowned upon as lacking self control. My use of 'virtuous' was very tongue in cheek, though self control is, in my opinion, a virtue.
I wouldn't like to assume that the OP, a new member, needs anything other than a reply to his query. Which I took to mean, 'what can I have as a snack'. As a less virtuous member I admitted I sometimes snack. :rolleyes:

I was eating the cup after drinking black coffee

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've never been a snacker, so just never think about it. If, however, I get hungry before a meal, if walking up and down, harrassing the chef doesn't work, I'll either have a cup of tea, or a BabyBel sized piece of cheese. If I don't fancy cheeses, there are usually some nuts arounf the place, so a little bag of those will do.