What are you watching

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure if we have this thread. Already watch Listen and Book corner...
So here goes.

All4 Valley of Tears. Israeli production about the Yom Kippur War. Well done with in the constraints of material and some cultural differnces.
There is a second series so will be interested to see if they show it.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
After several weeks of watching ER on Prime Video, we needed something light to watch, nothing popped up on to catch the eye but in a section marked people also watched this was comedy / drama series called Good Omens.

Set in 2018, the series follows the demon Crowley (David Tennant) and the angel Aziraphale (Michael Sheen), longtime acquaintances who, having grown accustomed to life on Earth as representatives of Heaven and Hell, seek to prevent the coming of the Antichrist and with it Armageddon, the final battle between Heaven and Hell

A tongue in cheek view of religion which is quite funny , we watched a couple of episodes last night

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Caught up on that "Squid game" on Netflix a little while back.
Heavily influenced by the Stanford prison experiment. To my mind, along with movie stuff like The saw. Running man/hunger games.
Maybe the Purge. That weird series, "Lost" comes to mind as well..?

But what hit me full on at the end of Squid game..? With the series conclusion.. "Rosebud." (Citizen Kane?)

Reactions: hankjam

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Channel 4s 'catastrophe'.

Comedy about a couple meeting on a night out and not realising that doing their best to make each other happy, is not what both of them never dreamed their lives would turn out.
Definitely worth a watch, it's on demand or channel 4s streaming.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I dont watch much tv.

I can be found watching Casualty (usually weeks behind). I've watched this since it started an I do get a bit confused with ho people are and how the story pans out

Stared watching Greys Anatomy. Not sure. Thought it would be smething good but I'm a bit bleurgh

And the only other thing I watch religiously cus its funny is Classic Emmerdale. I enjoy watching characters come into the soap.

Told you I dont watch much tv

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I dont watch much tv.

I can be found watching Casualty (usually weeks behind). I've watched this since it started an I do get a bit confused with ho people are and how the story pans out

Stared watching Greys Anatomy. Not sure. Thought it would be smething good but I'm a bit bleurgh

And the only other thing I watch religiously cus its funny is Classic Emmerdale. I enjoy watching characters come into the soap.

Told you I dont watch much tv

I have been hooked on Greys anatomy since about a month ago. On series six when a shooter goes on the rampage. I like the relationships and interested in the medical details.
I have watched ER twice all the way through.
I started watching some British hospital series and a number of short programmes, but most of these were not the same, production and acting were poor.
Ambulance and paramedic real life programmes can be informative, and one especially from our local area service, made it more interesting seeing how they act in an emergency.
They should actually make one about how privatisation has been eating away at our NHS. That would certainly open some eyes.
And I have never seen a programme about non diabetic Hypoglycaemia.

Keep safe.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Silent Sea is worth a watch if you are into scifi / scary stuff, it's a good offering from South Korea with English subs on Netfix.

We have also been watching The Mentalist on Prime Video, which is tolerable in small doses as a light drama series.

Reactions: Lamont D

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tonight I'm watching Gone with the Wind on Bluray.

I deleted 11 episodes of Casualty and took it off series link as I wasnt watching it. Seem to have gone off tv lately

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ice Cold Murders on More 4,he's a bit of a knob but I like the style.

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football, Rugby, Sweede, Parsnips, Beetroot
I only re watch doctor who or harry potter. There the main things ie watched and the odd animal documtary/vet documentary etc..

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Watching a lot of YouTube, on a variety amount of topics.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Have been enthralled with the Swedish(?) Version of the Girl with the Dragon tattoo!
It's still on BBC catch up!
Subtitles but the storylines are great!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
We have been watching a lot of the doccos on Prime Video, we are currently watching the Ancient Aliens series. It's interesting to see some of the myths or legends of old being given a new interpretation.

You need a open mind for this one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Aliens

Yes, I don't mind one of two of these docs!
I've been interested in how the pyramids were built, without aliens!!!
Some really great ideas on it! And some crazy ones!

Watching, the flight attendant again! As well.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A light hearted scifi comedy drama series Upload on Prime Video.

In 2033, humans are able to "upload" themselves into a virtual afterlife of their choosing. When computer programmer Nathan Brown dies prematurely, he is uploaded to the very expensive Lake View, but then finds himself under the thumb of his possessive, still-living girlfriend Ingrid Kannerman.

As Nathan adjusts to the pros and cons of digital heaven, he bonds with Nora Antony, his living customer service rep. Nora struggles with the pressures of her job, her dying father who does not want to be uploaded, and her growing feelings for Nathan while slowly coming to believe that Nathan was murdered.

The link contains episode spoilers so do not go to the Episode section if you want to watch the two season show.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upload_(TV_series)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
A light hearted scifi comedy drama series Upload on Prime Video.

The link contains episode spoilers so do not go to the Episode section if you want to watch the two season show.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upload_(TV_series)

Have watched this, second series is quite good as well! It is a similar format of afterlife as The Good Place.
Upload is recommended!
Hope there is a third series.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Have videod Limetown, gonna start watching after footie this evening!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Found a series on Prime.called The Crossing.
got me booked and left a fascinating cliffhangar, full of unanswered questions, which was obviously planned for a second season.
Hate that they never made it!I

catching up with Murdoch Mysteries now!