What are your favourite relaxation techniques?

meemsy

Hi everyone,
I was just wandering, with life being so busy and challenging at times what favourite techniques people use to relax. Throughout my life so far changing my breathing has always helped in so many situations, but sometimes I also like basic things like listening to my favourite music, talking, going for a walk or having a hot bath. What helps you with relaxation? Thanks

Reactions: SaskiaKC and Sosgez

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
My relaxing habits are music as a background, (I have a music app that is brilliant), I play a game, walk the dog and watch footie and cricket, if on!
If no sport on, I read, especially in summer, out in the garden when I get a lot more time off work!

A lot of my time is spent, working, doing chores, cooking, cleaning and traveling, following my team!

(I don't know how I find time to relax!)

And lots of strong black tea!

Reactions: meemsy

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Music
Reading
Buying books
and a mindfulness technique I was taught when my mind is racing and I need sleep

Reactions: meemsy

meemsy

Thanks for your responses. I have just started researching mindfulness techniques too, but have had to come off tea and beer unfortunately.

Sosgez

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Being bitten by cats. And women.
I like to discover some new kind of music on YouTube, and fall in love with it. It will probably cause a major emotional hiccup. Part of the process is to listen to random tings. Another aspect is to NOT drench myself in the newly found lovely music, but play it a just a few times. Then leave it. Come back. After a few days I might explore more tracks by the same artist. But I don't ant to over do it, or lose the joy too quickly. Eventually, the obsession will wear off a bit. But the music will always be a comforting friend. Examples include: Dead Can Dance, Loreena McKennit, Fever Ray.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I play computer games online. Outspell (sort of like Scrabble), Mahjongg Solitaire, Find the Differences.
Or I read.
If I'm sleepy too I like to lie down next to my cat, if she is asleep, and fall asleep too.