What are your resting heart rates?

Scardoc

Jelly babies, I use sis gels at times too. If I'm gonna be out where's it's a bit remote I like to carry some sweet fluids too.
I normally load up with about 40/50 carbs before I start off, try to mix it up. Maybe 20 carbs of something fast acting and say a large banana. I normally look to start exercise 2 hrs after a meal, loading up 1/2 hour before setting off. I know we get told to reduce our short acting dose the meal before, but if your bloods are high I find it difficult to even get off the couch, as when high I feel tired and lethargic. I don't know if any of you guys carb count, I've been doing that for a few years now and it's helped with my control. Don't get me wrong I still get caught out at times, going low, but I've find no 2 days are the same if you're on the go.

****, I'm a jelly baby man too so nothing new there :) I stopped reducing short acting years ago for exactly the same reason, I would spend an afternoon at work trying not to fall asleep just to get out for a run after work. Now, I just do as I normally do and have something to eat an hour before I plan to run, fruit normally. Carb counting always helps but what I always need to remember and do is adjust if I can't run for a few days!

Georgedach

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
****, I'm a jelly baby man too so nothing new there :) I stopped reducing short acting years ago for exactly the same reason, I would spend an afternoon at work trying not to fall asleep just to get out for a run after work. Now, I just do as I normally do and have something to eat an hour before I plan to run, fruit normally. Carb counting always helps but what I always need to remember and do is adjust if I can't run for a few days!
Yes, it's a pain constantly adjusting to suit what your doing!! I think the main thing is not go low, test as soon as you finish and if you need a couple of unit to correct things, do it.
A hypo is a big enough pain sat on the couch, never mind while your running/exercising!!

picklebean

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine's usually somewhere around 85 - 90. It's always been on the higher side but no medical professional has ever said anything about it so I'm presuming it's ok! :happy: