1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What are your resting heart rates?

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Omar101, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Scardoc

Scardoc · Well-Known Member

****, I'm a jelly baby man too so nothing new there :) I stopped reducing short acting years ago for exactly the same reason, I would spend an afternoon at work trying not to fall asleep just to get out for a run after work. Now, I just do as I normally do and have something to eat an hour before I plan to run, fruit normally. Carb counting always helps but what I always need to remember and do is adjust if I can't run for a few days!

2. Georgedach

Georgedach Type 1 · Member

Yes, it's a pain constantly adjusting to suit what your doing!! I think the main thing is not go low, test as soon as you finish and if you need a couple of unit to correct things, do it.
    A hypo is a big enough pain sat on the couch, never mind while your running/exercising!!

3. picklebean

picklebean Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Mine's usually somewhere around 85 - 90. It's always been on the higher side but no medical professional has ever said anything about it so I'm presuming it's ok! :happy:

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook