What did you have for dinner tonight ?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Pork belly, chorizo and mushroom stroganoff with creme fraiche on a bed of stir fried cabbage. mmm ...forgot how carby cabbage can be tho so a bit over my 20g limit today..

oh yes forgot to add frozen raspberries and double cream for afters,,,

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Salmon fillet with creamy peppercorn sauce, one tiny new potato and peas, followed by strawberries and cream, a tried and tested dinner that normally gives me the same bg reading two hours after as right before.

Ian_Laye

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
2 Lidl protein rolls, one filled with Ardennes Pate and the other with Danish Blue cheese.

Reactions: Robkww

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Spicy prawns with grated courgettes, followed by a small portion of rhubarb cooked in butter with orange and ginger, topped with sour cream, and a microwave muffin made with ground almonds, mixed spices and (more!) diced ginger, and herb tea to drink.

Reactions: heh

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Are sausages zero carb?
Some are some aren't. Loads have corn syrup solids, sugar, dextrose. No thanks. I've found some grass fed beef hot dogs and spicy chicken sausage with one carb per large link.

Quality over quantity for me. Cheaper too!!

Reactions: OrsonKartt

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Salmon and egg salad with mayo on a small bed of romaine and of course a wedge of avocado.

Reactions: heh

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Liver and bacon, a few frozen garden peas, 2 small new potatoes with butter on. Red wine. Then a cup of tea.

(PS the frozen peas were heated up first!!)

Reactions: barriebanana

hca

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Some are some aren't. Loads have corn syrup solids, sugar, dextrose. No thanks. I've found some grass fed beef hot dogs and spicy chicken sausage with one carb per large link.

Quality over quantity for me. Cheaper too!!
Agreed @Kristin251 , only had 1 sausage, and made it myself, from quality mince x

Reactions: Kristin251

hca

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Pork belly, chorizo and mushroom stroganoff with creme fraiche on a bed of stir fried cabbage. mmm ...forgot how carby cabbage can be tho so a bit over my 20g limit today..

oh yes forgot to add frozen raspberries and double cream for afters,,,
Hello @bulkbiker your stroganoff sounds delicious, can you post the recipe, I think my better half and son would also like this. Thank you x

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Agreed @Kristin251 , only had 1 sausage, and made it myself, from quality mince x
I would have no idea how to make a sausage or stuff it in a wrapper thing. I do make meatballs with mince of some sort and herbs. They are delish and no carbs.

I suppose there is no way to make a creamy sauce without cream or cheese huh? I wonder if something with mayo would work. Probably not as it would turn to oil. Maybe if I didn't hear it in and just topped it on top. That peppercorn and stroganoff sauces have me drooling. I love creamy fatty sauces.
I've made a mushroom gravy sauce that's delish. Maybe swirl some butter or mayo in. Not the same but.....