What do I do???

Kassiedent

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Bm 2.9 at this moment - trying to lose weight with Keto/ low carb. Ate tea about 1.5 hrs ago but didn’t take any insulin as was 4.0 before eating & ate carb free dinner. Just had dextrose tabs x 2 but what should I eat to avoid another hypo without putting my hard work with Keto to waste? Any advice v welcome cos this has happened before...???

Last edited:

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I suggest you contact your diabetes team. You have checked your background insulin, with your carb-free meal. Your hypo, suggests that your background dose for keto is too high. I see from your profile that you're on Glargine which works over a long window of 24 to 36 hours, which would make it difficult to make changes. Could you try to calorie count (DAFNE recommended) in the meantime?

Last edited:

Kassiedent

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I suggest you contact your diabetes team. You have checked your background insulin, with your carb-free meal. Your hypo, suggests that your background dose for keto is too high. I see from your profile that you're on Glargine which works over a long window of 24 to 36 hours, which would make it difficult to make changes. Could you try to calorie count (DAFNE recommended) in the meantime?
Thanks x once I’d sorted myself out I realised exactly that. I’ve reduced my glargine dose tonight, so I’ll monitor very closely for a few days. I really appreciate your reply, thank you. I was definitely having a moment of brain fog with my hypo so a sensible onlooker was/ is most welcome!