What do people eat?

chichurocket

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all just wondering what people eat breakfast, lunch, dinner?
Im starting to struggle abit as im working alot and find it hard to make something or think of something to take to work to eat. Also i dont get long on breaks which means scoffing my food down. I have been cutting down carbs alot, but i do get bored of food quick lol

So i you lovely people can put down what you have morning till night it may help me abit.

Thanks

Chi

coleyd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hiya

Today I had a cheese and tinned mackrel salad for lunch

Could take nuts and boiled eggs and cheese in to work.

Dinner is just fish or chicken with veggies . Sometimes tofu stir fry

Add lots of butter too lol. I enjoy my 70 % dark chocolate with peanut butter.

I'm doing lower carb higher fat moderate protein diet

KezG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tripe, most shellfish.. mussels, cockles etc...
I have Porridge made with unsweetened Alpro milk most mornings or Mini shredded wheat with Alpro.
Lunch is usually something like cottage cheese, tinned mackerel in olive oil or a piece of quiche.
Evening meal would be some kind of fish or chicken with lots of green veg (sprouts, cauli, broccoli, kale etc..)
and 2-3 small new potatoes.
I try to keep carbs to a minimum except for breakfast that is.. daytime drinks are tea/coffee with semi skimmed milk and sweeteners or just plain old water.

Reactions: Angelofthemarches

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Todays menu..
Breakfast ..Egg and crispy streaky bacon
Lunch ... Half Lidl protein roll with roast beef and horseradish
Dinner .. Fillet steak , mushrooms cooked in butter , salad (rocket, cucumber, baby tomatoes, mange tout) dollop Hellmans mayo. Followed by a mini Low Carb lemon cheesecake with cream.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My go to meal is basically roast meat. Usually those with fatty cuts...

15741203_10154963048094445_597882380453648841_n.jpg

Provides me with the best post meal glucose reading...
15350567_10154905134049445_6047706744370902244_n.jpg

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Bf avocado. Thin slice turkey and celery

Lunch avocado and some protein.

Dinner. Protein avocado and a few veggies. Plus small salad.

Snacks. Nuts or olives.

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
It doesnt seem a lot of food to me. Yesterday for lunch I had 1 + 1/2 corned beef and tomato sandwiches and a packet of crisps and I was still hungry so had some digestives dipped in tea.

Hotpepper20000

It doesnt seem a lot of food to me. Yesterday for lunch I had 1 + 1/2 corned beef and tomato sandwiches and a packet of crisps and I was still hungry so had some digestives dipped in tea.
Bread and crisps are pretty high in carbs and send my BG high and leave me very hungry.
The less carbs I eat the less hunger I have.

Reactions: MickieB

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
I dont follow any kind of diet as im not keen on a lot of food and am really struggling with food at the moment.

Reactions: Liam1955

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Surprisingly it is not how much we eat, but what we eat. Food that triggers huge insulin release will result in intense/ravenous hunger at the next meal. Both carbs AND proteins triggers insulin, fats less so. That is why carbs lite fats friendly meals don't require much will power to sustain...

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Surprisingly it is not how much we eat, but what we eat. Food that triggers huge insulin release will result in intense/ravenous hunger at the next meal. Both carbs AND proteins triggers insulin, fats less so. That is why carbs lite fats friendly meals don't require much will power to sustain...
Yup. Completely agree. Avoacado and a chicken thigh will hold me much longer than a piece of bread. I need much less calories when I avoid carbs. Can't even imagine eating a sanwhich. Keeping insulin low keeps hunger low for me anyways. As you said, too much protein makes me hungry too.

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
This was todays meals

Breakfast-2 sticks gluten free pepperoni 2 gr carb
Lunch-pork loin slow cooked in mushroom broth, asparagus 5 gr carb
Dinner-Large salad with mayo and chopped black forest ham 5 gr carb

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all just wondering what people eat breakfast, lunch, dinner?
Im starting to struggle abit as im working alot and find it hard to make something or think of something to take to work to eat. Also i dont get long on breaks which means scoffing my food down. I have been cutting down carbs alot, but i do get bored of food quick lol

So i you lovely people can put down what you have morning till night it may help me abit.

Thanks

Chi

Hi and welcome!

If you are looking for low carb variety, then I suggest you check out this thread:
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/what-have-you-eaten-today.75781/
and this website:
www.dietdoctor.com
There are some awesome ideas and recipes on both. :)

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just had low carb porridge
6 dsp of coconut unsweetened
3 of almond flour
1 of the mixed ground cereal from Aldi but not necessary I don't think
1/2 tsp of vanilla essence
Sweetener sprinkling of
Unsweetened almond milk (aldi again)

throw in a bowl and mix, Microwave for about 1-2 mins depending on your microwave.

I did it in a tupperwear last night and it was fine. Needs experimenting for flavors :)

Lunch homemade soups or lettuce wrap or salads

Reactions: Brunneria

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
I like making my own foods from low carb recipes online,like Hairy Bikers Spanish chicken and chorizo sausage which we are having for our evening meal,I don't have the potatoes that's in it, but if you have a family it's a very flavoursome filling meal,with fats and protein for those doing LCHF diet. It's as peppers ,onions red and yellow, garlic full bulb,tomatoes you can add mushrooms and those who eat carbs quartered potatoes,it's all done in oven and it's a one pot meal. If you want extra veg just cook that separately,I do that for me has I don't have potatoes. For a family you can give extra carbs, then with the added chicken and chorizo seasonings it's a delicious filling meal. Recipe on line just put in Spanish chicken and chorizo the hairy bikers recipe should be there,or Davina Macall has a very similar one.K

Reactions: Engineer88

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Tom Kerridges cook book Dopamine diet book is the same theme has diabetes LCHF diet he lost 11.1/2 stone on it and some nice recipes in there.We had his porky bolognese with courgette spiralized pasta yesterday,enough left for my dinner today,another great meal. You can get the book cheaper from Amazon but I got mine from Waterstones.K

Reactions: drahawkins_1973

chichurocket

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow some nice ideas. I try some of them out but with me i get so hungry and its the snacking bit i will go wrong

Hotpepper20000

Wow some nice ideas. I try some of them out but with me i get so hungry and its the snacking bit i will go wrong
But the snacks are the best on LCHF.
Cheese
Meat
Pork rind
Handful of nuts
Celery with soft cheese
Mushed up avacaodo with salt and any spice you like used as dip for cucumber and celery
Did I mention cheese? All those different kinds from all over the world.
Sliced meat rolled around veggies.
Olives
Eggs
CHEESE!!!!

chichurocket

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yeah its still kinda of hard for me as with food prep for work. Im up at 6am and dont get home till 10pm and food prep takes time and i am shattered by the time i walk through the doors. Im gona try sort something out on the weekend