What do you have for breakfast?

cocacola

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
celery, not eating chocolate
I've just started low carbing again, as DN wanted to add Glictizide to my list of medications. I'm already taking metformin (sr) and sitagliptin.
I have one Weetabix and a small amount of jumbo rolled oats with semi skimmed milk.
I can't eat eggs as they upset my stomach. I'm not a big meat eater.
What do you eat and is there a better choice of cereal for me?
At the minute I'm just cutting back on carbs and finding alternatives to rice, bread, pasta etc to see how things go.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Netty70

cocacola said:
I've just started low carbing again, as DN wanted to add Glictizide to my list of medications. I'm already taking metformin (sr) and sitagliptin.
I have one Weetabix and a small amount of jumbo rolled oats with semi skimmed milk.
I can't eat eggs as they upset my stomach. I'm not a big meat eater.
What do you eat and is there a better choice of cereal for me?
At the minute I'm just cutting back on carbs and finding alternatives to rice, bread, pasta etc to see how things go.

Hi
Weetabix aren't good for me they bring my sugars down too quick unlike everyone else on here who's go through the roof lol

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Full fat Greek yogurt with berries. Sorry that's the only thing I can think of. I usually have omelettes or boiled eggs, or scrambled eggs with smoked salmon.

Suebowden146

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Muller lite yoghurt and either prunes or dates as I am dieting! Alternative is a bowl of porridge made with skimmed milk and water also topped with a few prunes.

BabyBel

I often have the 'Dukan' pancake,which is made with oat bran,sprinkled with lemon and a tiny bit of fake sugar.It's low carb and helps with potential constipation!