What do you think?

Dazphoenix28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Always see some bizzare ways to test your glucose readings and come across this device in my ads. Not sure if it's legit or not but with technology these days anything seems possible.

Apparently you can wear one of their watches and it does the same.

Thoughts? Think I'd rather do finger pricks but maybe someone on here has tried it and it gives accurate readings?
Screenshot_20201111-212431_Facebook.jpg

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Always see some bizzare ways to test your glucose readings and come across this device in my ads. Not sure if it's legit or not but with technology these days anything seems possible.

Apparently you can wear one of their watches and it does the same.

Thoughts? Think I'd rather do finger pricks but maybe someone on here has tried it and it gives accurate readings?View attachment 45346

Hi,

Yeah a topic came up on a watch like this, ages ago..? I can't find it, but seem to remember that the "68.8" may look dangerously high??? But it reads different "special sweat units" something like unlo/L?
I seem to remember @urbanracer doing the maff. I'm sure the 68.8 in sweat units is hypo territory in Mmols..
(Don't quote me on that.) Hopefully Urb can recollect?

Certainly looks smaller than the shoebox reader I saw developed in Germany?

Dazphoenix28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Yeah a topic came up on a watch like this, ages ago..? I can't find it, but seem to remember that the "68.8" may look dangerously high??? But it reads different "special sweat units" something like unlo/L?
I seem to remeber @urbanracer doing the maff. I'm sure the 68.8 in sweat units is hypo territory in Mmols..

Not 100% sure in how it works. I don't really sweat to be honest and saw this device foe the first time and made me stop and think for a second. Hopefully someone who sees this post has used it and can give some feed back but it's definitly interesting =o.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not 100% sure in how it works. I don't really sweat to be honest and saw this device foe the first time and made me stop and think for a second. Hopefully someone who sees this post has used it and can give some feed back but it's definitly interesting =o.

It's fascinating. :)

There has to be someone out there whose had a go on this?

MarkMunday

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The Hela bio watch is not a device for treating diabetes. It is essentially a health bracelet. Measures other stuff too. I guess it could help pick up diabetes in users, but not accurate enough for making treatment decisions. It is also sold through network marketing, which doesn't inspire confidence.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hi,

I seem to remember @urbanracer doing the maff. I'm sure the 68.8 in sweat units is hypo territory in Mmols..

Good memory @Jaylee. I participated in this thread about headbands with the following:-

Asked Dr Google, 'how much glucose is in sweat' and found a few differing answers including this,

"... Human perspiration is an intrinsic body fluid that offers valuable information about an individual's health and fitness based on the levels of several metabolites, such as lactate, and glucose, as well as electrolytes, and pH levels (Sonner et al., 2015) (Imani et al., 2016). Sweat glucose levels can accurately reflect blood glucose levels, with a correlation whereby 0.3 mM glucose in sweat corresponds to 16.7 mM glucose in the blood (Moyer et al., 2012). Besides, pH plays an important role in the pathogenesis of skin diseases like acne vulgaris, ichthyosis, and candida albicans infections (Schmid-Wendtner and Korting, 2006). ...

16.7÷0.3 gives a scaling factor of 55.
35.8 micro mol / litre in sweat would be (35.8 × 55) 1969 micro mol / litre in blood which I think would be around 1.9 millimol.

If it's giving direct glucose levels in sweat then it's not particularly useful?

Would be interested to know how far they have gone with it and whether there are prototypes or they are still stuck in the rendered image phase and desperate for money.

A little worried that Apple have patented a device like this and I hope that they have done their homework or most of that money is going to end up in the hands of lawyers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaylee