What do you want to know/What did you wish you had known about GDM?

TommyHC

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi
I work at Tommy's the baby charity (www.tommys.org). I am currently working on the production of a new resource for women who are told during pregnancy that they have gestational diabetes.
As with the other FREE resources we produce on pregnancy health (www.tommys.org/shop), we want to make sure that women for whom it is aimed for contribute to the development and let us know what they think as we work through the process.

We are at the stage of thinking of all the things we ought to cover in the resource (which is likely to be online with some printed copies - but I would welcome your thoughts on this too!).

So what do you think should be included?
What questions did/do you have?
What, in hindsight would have been useful to know along your journey?
What did you find helpful? Useful? intriguing? frightening?

The more we understand your experiences, the more useful we can hopefully make the resource for women who will be in the same place in the future. We also have a group of experts involved too to keep us factually and medically on track! But our other resources are loved by parents to be because we involve them and try to show real life experiences in the information we provide.

Feel free to add to the thread - I shall be following it. Or please contact me directly on [email protected]

Later this year we will be looking for people to feedback on the drafts that we ultimately produce so we can refine it and adapt it to suit women who will use it. So hope you don't mind me posting on here to see if any of you want to take a look at that stage.

Thanks for any help on this. Really appreciated.
Beckie