What exercise?

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I quite like cycling but living by the sea I really prefer to get my exercise afloat. Used to do a quite a bit of rowing, and I do sometimes go kayaking if I can get my Kayak down to the beach and the snow/rain/gales let up :). We are currently awaiting delivery of a new rowing machine (we broke the last one), so won't be reliant on the weather or availability of a car.

Haven't been getting anything like the amount of exercise I used to get due to work, but like the previous poster I'm being made redundant next month so looks like I'll finally have time to try and get back into proper shape, according to my missus at the moment I am starting to resemble Pooh bear. :shock:

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
eveshamgal said:
well got a DVD player and i am puffed out after just doing the basic steps dvd lol

i swear the women on there are made of rubber and springs!!! :shock:

I blame the weather. These girls in Sweden can exercise while sunbathing in the park. I cannot imagine girls doing that here. There, no one seems to even take any notice.

Andreas Träiningstipps, http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=en ... aE3SI56fBs

Why they don't break their necks I don't know. As you say, rubber and springs.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Walking is free, can happen almost anywhere and is as good as anything else. Just start by walking further as part of your regular day. For example. Walk one more bus stop or park at the far end of the supeermarket carpark. Walk any journeys of under a mile. You'll save a fortune too. Or google for health walk groups in your area. they are pretty sociable as well as healthy.
Hana

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Im really proud of myself, last weekend I got my bike out of the shed where it has sat for a couple of years and after getting a new inner tube for the back tyre, I have done a little bit of cycling.

Today I went into the village I offically live in and on google it says its 1.7 miles each way! Im so pleased I managed it, even though there was a daunting hill. I made it!

Tomorrow if the weather is nice I might give the 2 mile trail to the neighbouring village ago.

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lenny3 said:
Im really proud of myself, last weekend I got my bike out of the shed where it has sat for a couple of years

I got my son's out and it's been in there ten years at least. After getting it working again, I got one of those bicycle trainers and now cycle in the shed where I listen to the radio.

I don't fancy my chances in traffic , not at my age and not with my lack of balance :(

elite-mag-speed-trainer-pack.jpg