What have you done today... (to make you feel proud!!)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Just remembered one....

I received a trophy ....thank you for the award.....one year one this site .......x

Happy Anniversary Kat, always enjoy reading your posts :)

Reactions: 2 people

Ali B

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I changed the headlight bulb in my car...took me 3/4 of an hour mind!!! ;)

Reactions: 5 people

popsy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Crowds of people, my idea of hell would be a huge gathering of any sort!

Heights, scare me to death!
Liars, cheats. poseurs, any kind of violence, thieves and people who take advantage of others.

The way the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

Global warming, the melting ice caps, whaling..I mean what for?!

Cruelty

Having to give up my eat everything philosophy..and I really really dislike consequences.
Only morning here at the mo but yesterday I read the weather forecast and it was going to rain today so I got all the wood in preparation in which is usually not my job. And it's hammering down today! To explain why I am proud of it you must know that I am not so good at planning ahead so perhaps this is the start of something good! errrrrrrrrrrrr...:D

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Only morning here at the mo but yesterday I read the weather forecast and it was going to rain today so I got all the wood in preparation in which is usually not my job. And it's hammering down today! To explain why I am proud of it you must know that I am not so good at planning ahead so perhaps this is the start of something good! errrrrrrrrrrrr...:D
I'm just starting collecting wood and chopping up here for our winter ( be here before we know it). Found a source of 5 pallets free a week, but getting them, chopping them up is worthwhile when I think of our free heat for the winter months. Just got extra 3 to build a raised bed this weekend.

Good for you to manage planning it and in not so good weather!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Kids that always say "I want" (not my kids) have finally realised that in ohr house and garden.. The words are banned.....they have to choose better words or give me £1!!!

Taken them 2 weeks to learn, but tonight they actually went to say to their dad in our garden "I want" and stopped!!!

RESULT.. Could be a rich woman off all kids nowadays.. Could pay off the UK deficit if all kids gave me a £1 for everytime they say "i want"...

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm in the process of making curtains for my daughter to hang in her new flat. I like sewing, but I find making curtains difficult, because there's too much fabric everywhere. I measured the fabric on the landing floor, but it is really heavy cotton and was falling halfway down the stairs, you could trip up and break your neck. Anyway, I decided to do one bit of the process each day until they're done. I did two bits yesterday and another bit today, not counting buying the fabric and threading up the sewing machine, removing the cat from on top of my set square and tape measure. Anyway I'm not sure why I'm doing all this when it's probably cheaper and better to buy ready-made! So the thing I'm proud of is my not throwing a wobbly right now.

Reactions: 3 people

popsy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

Liars, cheats. poseurs, any kind of violence, thieves and people who take advantage of others.

Cruelty

Having to give up my eat everything philosophy..and I really really dislike consequences.
Really, thank you so much , I am touched, never thought I was any good at putting much on the site ....xxx
But I love keeping in touch with you all .....x

Why so surprised Kat? You always have something kind to say to anyone who needs kindness and something wise to say to those who need wisdom. People like you will always be valued my friend :joyful:

Reactions: 6 people

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm in the process of making curtains for my daughter to hang in her new flat. I like sewing, but I find making curtains difficult, because there's too much fabric everywhere. I measured the fabric on the landing floor, but it is really heavy cotton and was falling halfway down the stairs, you could trip up and break your neck. Anyway, I decided to do one bit of the process each day until they're done. I did two bits yesterday and another bit today, not counting buying the fabric and threading up the sewing machine, removing the cat from on top of my set square and tape measure. Anyway I'm not sure why I'm doing all this when it's probably cheaper and better to buy ready-made! So the thing I'm proud of is my not throwing a wobbly right now.

Thats a proper good mum :D

popsy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

Cruelty

Hard to know why we do do these things for our kids or, for that matter, for anyone really. It might be cheaper to buy them but every time she looks at those curtains she will think of you. I had to smile at the thought of them half way down the stairs though, I really admire your stickability! :D

Sent from DCUK App

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you both for your encouragement - it certainly helps!
My next sewing project will measure approximately 12 cm x 8 cm. I don't care what it is as long as it's small.:hilarious::D:hilarious:

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, thieves, users, cruelty, doing the washing up. Lol
:greedy: I avoided eating the left over marzipan while icing a cake.
Its got to be a first for me I adore the stuff.

Reactions: 5 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
there's too much fabric everywhere. I measured the fabric on the landing floor, but it is really heavy cotton and was falling halfway down the stairs, you could trip up and break your neck. .
This reminded me of the time years ago when my mom took it upon herself to sow the costumes for my aunts ballet school show. I had never even thought about how much fabric goes to make a tutu but our house was covered in black net fabric for weeks and dad and us boys soon learned to stay clear of mom's path until the whole endeavor was completed. Glad to say she never did anything like that since! I am not sure my parent's marriage would have survived another similar period.

Pavlos
Type 2 - Diagnosed 2009; Latest HbA1c 5,8%; Diabetes Medication: metformin 2x850mg; Other medication: Aspirin 75mg, Valsartan 80mg, Rosuvostatin 20mg, Ezetimibe 10mg; Exercise: One hour walk daily, tennis weekly, swimming when warm enough

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People who think they know what you need before you do
Went for a bike ride dragged myself out the house I the name of getting healthy and doing some exercise

Reactions: 4 people

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
:greedy: I avoided eating the left over marzipan while icing a cake.
Its got to be a first for me I adore the stuff.

I adore marzipan too! It's difficult to imagine how people can hate it, but some do! I've experimented with a kind of marzipan - almonds and double cream flavoured with cocoa, cinnamon, vanilla, lemon rind, almond essence, and no sugar and it's quite a good substitute for the deadly real thing. :eek::rolleyes::banghead:

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I adore marzipan too! It's difficult to imagine how people can hate it, but some do! I've experimented with a kind of marzipan - almonds and double cream flavoured with cocoa, cinnamon, vanilla, lemon rind, almond essence, and no sugar and it's quite a good substitute for the deadly real thing. :eek::rolleyes::banghead:

There's a whole branch of my family that hates marzipan! They like chocolate cake at Easter instead of Simnel Cake! I found out recently that Simnel Cake was traditionally a Mothering Sunday bake, but my mum always made one for Easter Day with marzipan on top and through the middle (!) plus eleven apostles grilled on top. Then again, marzipan featured at Christmas too, on top of the Christmas Cake below the royal icing and as stuffing for dates. Carbs gone mad as usual. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

popsy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

Cruelty

Went out yesterday for John's birthday. We are only 5 days apart with birthdays so we usually have a birthday week, it's such fun! Anyhow, we have a nice lunch too and yesterday was the day. First time going out for a b/d lunch since I started low carbing and I thought I might have a carby meal which I ordered. It came with chips and a breaded schnitzel and I thought wow that looks so nice. But the oddest thing happened, I found I didn't really fancy it much at all. I ate about 6 chips and only half the schnitzel, I sat back absolutely full. I thought about this later and all these good things have come out of it:

1. My eating habits have changed so much I no longer like the things I used to. I would have been far happier with a nice plain chicken breast :)
2. My appetite has more than halved and doing LC with healthy fat, I am satisfied with all the good stuff I generally have and a small serving too.
3. Nothing is as it used to be and I have finally realised that as far as eating goes, I am a different person.

I am blown away by all this, I really am because I just didn't realise what has been happening to me. I would find it extremely difficult now to eat a. the amount of food I used to eat and b. the kind of food I used to eat. A lot of it was low fat and I now realise that it wasn't good for me because of the amount of sugar that's usually added to low fat stuff.

I am one incredibly lucky me to have discovered all this so yahooooooooooooooo!!!! :happy:

And pssst....I am pretty **** proud too ;)

Reactions: 6 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
A
There's a whole branch of my family that hates marzipan! They like chocolate cake at Easter instead of Simnel Cake! I found out recently that Simnel Cake was traditionally a Mothering Sunday bake, but my mum always made one for Easter Day with marzipan on top and through the middle (!) plus eleven apostles grilled on top. Then again, marzipan featured at Christmas too, on top of the Christmas Cake below the royal icing and as stuffing for dates. Carbs gone mad as usual. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
ll this talk of marzipan is making me hungry. My fave pre diabetic sweets were plums soaked in Madeira, wrapped in marzipan and dipped in dark chocolate. Made by Anthony berg. Yum!

K

Kat100

Why so surprised Kat? You always have something kind to say to anyone who needs kindness and something wise to say to those who need wisdom. People like you will always be valued my friend :joyful:
Thank you a very kind compliment , we are often never good at receiving compliments !
Valued friends are very important .....X