"What have you eaten" Parallel Chat

shelley262

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all on a lovely sunny bank holiday morning. I've just spent time drinking lots of tea and starting to catch up on here but only got back a few days! Loved story of your outing to buy one trunk @Annb and coming back with two trunks and three tagines!
I had the best holiday ever helped by weather turning into Summer on our days in Hamburg and Rotterdam. Our days in Belgium were wetter but we still got out and about.
Listed some of my meals on main thread but I have to say cruising with Cunard was such an easy way to stay low carb. The trick and the pleasure for me is to stay away from the all you can eat buffets on board and just go to the lovely more formal dining room where you can explain to waiter and they happily accommodate and funnily enough our waiter ate low carb himself! It was good as he became my conscience - every time he popped over with things like baskets of toast or croissants or biscuits for the cheese he would smile at me and just offer to George rather than waft under my nose. It was so good to be looked after and although I had lots to eat and felt full - it meant scales same and bgs okay despite having felt I'd eaten loads of food while away. Toughest place for temptation was in Belgium it was a wet day in Ghent and both there and the following day in Bruges the streets smell of sugar from all the waffle and chocolate places. We dodged into a soup place and had a bowl of veggie soup to help me calm the sugar smell caused hunger pangs!
George treated himself to the most amazing chocolate waffle which came with chocolate sauce, Ice cream and whipped cream and I had a few spoons of his whipped cream but it tasted sweet so guess it had sugar in it!
anyway back to normal life - a huge pile of laundry and a garden needing some attention plus a caring visit. Won't be too long now before I can start thinking about planting again.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning all on a lovely sunny bank holiday morning. I've just spent time drinking lots of tea and starting to catch up on here but only got back a few days! Loved story of your outing to buy one trunk @Annb and coming back with two trunks and three tagines!
I had the best holiday ever helped by weather turning into Summer on our days in Hamburg and Rotterdam. Our days in Belgium were wetter but we still got out and about.
Listed some of my meals on main thread but I have to say cruising with Cunard was such an easy way to stay low carb. The trick and the pleasure for me is to stay away from the all you can eat buffets on board and just go to the lovely more formal dining room where you can explain to waiter and they happily accommodate and funnily enough our waiter ate low carb himself! It was good as he became my conscience - every time he popped over with things like baskets of toast or croissants or biscuits for the cheese he would smile at me and just offer to George rather than waft under my nose. It was so good to be looked after and although I had lots to eat and felt full - it meant scales same and bgs okay despite having felt I'd eaten loads of food while away. Toughest place for temptation was in Belgium it was a wet day in Ghent and both there and the following day in Bruges the streets smell of sugar from all the waffle and chocolate places. We dodged into a soup place and had a bowl of veggie soup to help me calm the sugar smell caused hunger pangs!
George treated himself to the most amazing chocolate waffle which came with chocolate sauce, Ice cream and whipped cream and I had a few spoons of his whipped cream but it tasted sweet so guess it had sugar in it!
anyway back to normal life - a huge pile of laundry and a garden needing some attention plus a caring visit. Won't be too long now before I can start thinking about planting again.
Sounds like an amazing holiday @shelley262.

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello all, sorry I haven't caught up with posts yet - I'm back after a week of shameless carbifery! I've regained a few pounds, and my BG numbers are up to 9 again. Not at all surprising and would be much worse if it wasn't for the tablets I'm sure. When back on very low carb I don't take them.

I felt terrible, not because of the food so much (I did enjoy it) as because I was so aware of undoing the good I'd managed to do.

Not all undone of course and I'm hoping for a rapid return to good numbers and better energy. I noticed sharp hunger pangs in the mornings again, those were absent when very low carb.

Back to it now!

I had 3 slices of bacon with 3 scrambled eggs for breakfast

Packet of pork puffs

Coffee with cream

Beef mince tossed in the bacon fat from breakfast with cauliflower florets

I'll have some greek yogurt with cream for dessert.

Will try to catch up tomorrow!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all, sorry I haven't caught up with posts yet - I'm back after a week of shameless carbifery! I've regained a few pounds, and my BG numbers are up to 9 again. Not at all surprising and would be much worse if it wasn't for the tablets I'm sure. When back on very low carb I don't take them.

I felt terrible, not because of the food so much (I did enjoy it) as because I was so aware of undoing the good I'd managed to do.

Not all undone of course and I'm hoping for a rapid return to good numbers and better energy. I noticed sharp hunger pangs in the mornings again, those were absent when very low carb.

Back to it now!

I had 3 slices of bacon with 3 scrambled eggs for breakfast

Packet of pork puffs

Coffee with cream

Beef mince tossed in the bacon fat from breakfast with cauliflower florets

I'll have some greek yogurt with cream for dessert.

Will try to catch up tomorrow!
Good to see you back @jpscloud I've just been catching up after my hols and noticed that not many posts from you. Wonderful to see that you are back on track but do post on this thread if you are off track and would like support from your forum pals.

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good to see you back @jpscloud I've just been catching up after my hols and noticed that not many posts from you. Wonderful to see that you are back on track but do post on this thread if you are off track and would like support from your forum pals.
Thanks for the lovely welcome back @shelley262, hope your holiday was wonderful! I will try to catch up on posts I missed tomorrow. I forgot to mention my morning glass of kefir in my post! Still doing well, did yours survive their fridge holiday?

I don't like to post my off-plan eating, but I am so grateful for all you wonderful people - it makes getting back on track so much easier!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Still feeling grotty - probably the new antibiotics. They often do that to me. As a result I don't want to eat but starvation doesn't make it feel any better. Tried a small slice of wholemeal toast for breakfast, but that didn't settle anything so went ahead and scrambled some egg. Felt a bit better briefly and (a bonus) the egg stayed with me.

About 16.00 I had some raspberries and cream. Still managed to keep them down, but felt even worse for a while. Even fruit teas are making me feel queasy so I've settled on just plain water for the rest of the day.

Only another 5 days of the antibiotic. It wouldn't be so bad if I had any confidence that the pills would work.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the lovely welcome back @shelley262, hope your holiday was wonderful! I will try to catch up on posts I missed tomorrow. I forgot to mention my morning glass of kefir in my post! Still doing well, did yours survive their fridge holiday?

I don't like to post my off-plan eating, but I am so grateful for all you wonderful people - it makes getting back on track so much easier!
Thankfully my kefir grains seem to have survived their weeks rest. I also left a couple of bottles of made kefir in fridge - they had split but, once I let any gas out, I shook them and mixed them again. It was much sourer though and thinner so during its fridge storage the bacteria in the made kefir had been still munching away! I'm still using it though until my grains produce a good thick kefir again. I must admit to a few thoughts while I was away that one of my kefir bottles may have exploded as they are so lively!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
If kefiir can do that to bottles, what could it be doing in our stomachs?
Just asking for a friend ;)
We're not closed bottles, thankfully!

1715022669655.png

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast was five medium sized strawberries and some cream. This tum thing is making for some odd food choices right now and anything heavier than that was just not going to hang around long enough to do me any good. Even thinking that the cream may have been a mistake.

I took a chicken breast out of the freezer earlier and while it was still almost frozen 1 sliced it very thinly so that I can make egg Fu Yung later. Maybe another mistake but I decided to try cauliflower rice again to go with it. In for a penny, in for a pound, as they say. I blitzed the cauliflower and dried it in the oven, ready for stir frying later. It won't kill me even if it makes me miserable.

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Afternoon everyone, I got a really nice surprise with my diabetic eye screening results today - I've had background retinopathy every year since diagnosis with Type 2, but this year my results are "No signs of diabetic eye disease" - I think that must be down to reducing carbs.

I've had a picky day today, I was very busy yesterday so took it easier and rested a bit. I will have two very busy days in the garden tomorrow and Thursday.

Glass Kefir
3 eggs, 3 slices bacon with some mushrooms

A crispy skin chicken leg
pork crackling

Small bowl beef mince with cheese and dots of tomato paste, cucumber garnish

Greek yogurt with cream

I'll have beef mince with cauliflower for tea.

Hope everyone has had a great day!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Afternoon everyone, I got a really nice surprise with my diabetic eye screening results today - I've had background retinopathy every year since diagnosis with Type 2, but this year my results are "No signs of diabetic eye disease" - I think that must be down to reducing carbs.

I've had a picky day today, I was very busy yesterday so took it easier and rested a bit. I will have two very busy days in the garden tomorrow and Thursday.

Glass Kefir
3 eggs, 3 slices bacon with some mushrooms

A crispy skin chicken leg
pork crackling

Small bowl beef mince with cheese and dots of tomato paste, cucumber garnish

Greek yogurt with cream

I'll have beef mince with cauliflower for tea.

Hope everyone has had a great day!
Congratulations on your diabetic eye screening result - good for you to see some material results from your low carbing.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast was five medium sized strawberries and some cream. This tum thing is making for some odd food choices right now and anything heavier than that was just not going to hang around long enough to do me any good. Even thinking that the cream may have been a mistake.

I took a chicken breast out of the freezer earlier and while it was still almost frozen 1 sliced it very thinly so that I can make egg Fu Yung later. Maybe another mistake but I decided to try cauliflower rice again to go with it. In for a penny, in for a pound, as they say. I blitzed the cauliflower and dried it in the oven, ready for stir frying later. It won't kill me even if it makes me miserable.
Hope your tum problem starts to settle soon it seems to have been going on a while.

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations on your diabetic eye screening result - good for you to see some material results from your low carbing.
It was very unexpected, I had no idea that it was possible to clear up background retinopathy - I must have been lucky that it hadn't progressed much over the years.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It was very unexpected, I had no idea that it was possible to clear up background retinopathy - I must have been lucky that it hadn't progressed much over the years.
It's amazing just how many conditions can improve when we change our metabolic health. For me it's not just diabetes it's also blood pressure and many years of depression too that all improved when I went low carb 7 years ago.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
No food today. Just fluids. I don't know if it's an adverse effect of the antibiotics, adverse effect of including too many veg in my meals in the last few days, or even some new kind of disorder that I wasn't aware of before, but since yesterday, my whole digestive systems has been most excruciatingly painful. Feels like a blockage somewhere along the line. Eased a bit now but still rather dodgy, hence no food until it sorts itself out.

Last edited:

sueh21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all, lots of catching up to do, my ipad died,aaargh. My whole life is on there.Still, a nice weekend of gardening and reading and no screen time! Luckily got a new one and it seems I have retrieved most things.
Sorry to see you are still suffering @Annb, hope you are on the mend soon

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

Yesterday, I decided that discretion would be the better part of valour, so I put the blitzed cauliflower into a box and left it in the fridge. Just as well, even the veg that I included in the Chicken Fu Yung were too much. At least, I think that may have been part of the trouble. Whole digestive system is up in arms since last night and it has been an incredibly painful few hours. Pain has reduced quite a bit now, but still there and my system feels to be pretty well blocked. Might be the "infection", might be the pills to deal with it (is there any truth in the saying "it makes you worse before it makes you better"?) No food today, just fluids, to give my system a chance to recover its equilibrium.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No food today. Just fluids. I don't know if it's an adverse effect of the antibiotics, adverse effect of including too many veg in my meals in the last few days, or even some new kind of disorder that I wasn't aware of before, but since yesterday, my whole digestive systems has been most excruciatingly painful. Feels like a blockage somewhere along the line. Eased a bit now but still rather dodgy, hence no food until it sorts itself out.
so sorry that things difficult for you and really hope fluids only do help you reset - if no better by tomorrow morning sounds like a doctor's phone call \ visit needed. Especially if you feel like there is a blockage. Do hope it improves for you.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all, lots of catching up to do, my ipad died,aaargh. My whole life is on there.Still, a nice weekend of gardening and reading and no screen time! Luckily got a new one and it seems I have retrieved most things.
Sorry to see you are still suffering @Annb, hope you are on the mend soon
Pleased you got a new one and retrieved your online life! my tablet seemed dodgy yesterday and I wondered how hard it would be to retrieve things if it died. Relieved mine is back to its normal - says me crossing fingers madly.