What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Avocado Sevenfold

There appear to be a lot of ingredients, but it's worth it, and I bet you'll want to make it again anyway, especially with the thickener being desiccated coconut. I could almost convince myself it's a low-ish carb meal, if it wasn't for the rice or noodles. http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/beefrendang_78767

Actually, @Avocado Sevenfold does a mean Thai (I know rendang is Indonesian, not Thai) faux rice dish that would work really well. Hopefully she might look in.

Enjoy!
This is the cauliflower rice recipe I use...

http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/201...iflower-rice-recipe-low-carb-gluten-free.html

Reactions: 2 people

forge

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Getting old and everything that goes with it. All the repeats on TV. The drongos who ring me up to sell me things. Religious havens for pedophiles and war-mongers.
I used to eat a fresh pineapple over a couple of days. I don't like them too ripe either so maybe will give it a go.

To the best of my knowledge pineapple does not ripen after being picked.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon and eggs. Coffee

Salami salad

Pork scratchings (two packets!!)

Homemade doner kebabs. Made them posher than normal and used steak too. Didn't like it as much as just mince so lesson learned there!

Cream, 75% choc melted.

I need to quit the cream and choc but I just love it at the mo...

X

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
To the best of my knowledge pineapple does not ripen after being picked.

I've had pineapple go from medium to super sweet on my kitchen countertop - the clue is when the leaves are easy to pull off...

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm sure they do ripen when picked. They are often green in shops and then get progressively yellow/ brown at home. I think my teeth enamel is thanking me for not having any as well as my BS.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Does the ripening process increase fructose content like it does with bananas?

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes

Don't know about the high latex level for unripened papaya, but Som Tam which I eat almost weekly if not more uses young unripened papaya, not cooked, and is the dogs wotsits!!!

There seems to be positives and negatives, as usual for most things in life!!

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Brekkie; bullet coffee/fat coffee (300 ml coffee with 40 g coconut oil and 45 g Kerrygold)
Afternoon coffee with 2 tsp coconut oil and 1 tbsp Jersey cream
Dinner; planned to have a couple of burgers with some homemade bearnaise sauce, a green salad and some fermented daikon, might have couple of strawberries (home grown) and later maybe maybe a small cheese snack

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast bacon and mushrooms
lunch hot sausage from deli and cheese portion- had to go shopping then straight to appointment- not best sausage so probably too high in carbs
dinner leftover spag bol,, courgette spaghetti, cheese, large green salad

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brekkie: 97% meat sausages

Lunch: pork scratchings and a peanut 9bar

Evening: homemade burger (1 enormous), onion bhajis (2 small) and mange touts (hundreds of the little green blighters). There will be panna cotta for pud! Wheeee!

Reactions: 5 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brekkie; bullet coffee/fat coffee (300 ml coffee with 40 g coconut oil and 45 g Kerrygold)
Afternoon coffee with 2 tsp coconut oil and 1 tbsp Jersey cream
Dinner; planned to have a couple of burgers with some homemade bearnaise sauce, a green salad and some fermented daikon, might have couple of strawberries (home grown) and later maybe maybe a small cheese snack
Modesty - I would be curious to know what percentage of your daily calories are consumed in your coffees? I'm always surprised by how little "food" you actually consume. I do appreciate your total calories may not be incredibly low.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Brunch: cheddar and spring onion omelette

Dinner: fennel gratin. Chard/rocket/spinach with pine nuts and redcurrants

Snacks: berries and chocolate

vicrrc.jpg

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4784/fennel-gratin
I see a face :)

Reactions: 4 people