What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh dear.

Had you been hitting the caffeine at all? i find caffeine makes me feel more wobbly than anything else. Did you check the 5.1, or accept it as true? I know you can comfortably run much lower than that.

I hope you feel better.
I don't drink a lot of coffee and tea, Maybe it's the tea, I got the jitters, felt my hands shaking and felt really wobbly earlier...But feeling much better now. I checked the second time it was 4.7 :) thanks @AndBreathe!

Reactions: 3 people

IncyWincy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: Porridge made with 30g oats and skimmed milk, mixed berries and chopped nuts.
Lunch: Red pepper chilli hummus with crudité. 4 squares ASDA Extra Special 85% Chocolate.
Dinner: Having chicken breasts stuffed with mozzarella and basil, wrapped in Parma ham, with salad.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For a meeting with an agent, we went to this restaurant and I had green tea latte and ate fish with carrot curry and tapioca. After two hours I felt shaky and very weak. My blood sugar was 5.1 so I'm not hypo. Does green tea make you feel weak and shaky? Or is it because of the tapioca? Or am I just over analyzing?:)

Caffeine will do that to me too, but usually only on an empty stomach, and you were eating. But then, if you haven't had any for a while...

Reactions: 2 people

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Caffeine will do that to me too, but usually only on an empty stomach, and you were eating. But then, if you haven't had any for a while...
I did have the green tea first then waited for my entree, didn't have anything to eat for lunch, ate at around 4pm was busy with meetings! I don't drink anything with caffeine that often....Felt weird: I was jittery and hands were literally shaking, that explains why. Thanks @Brunneria!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I did have the green tea first then waited for my entree, didn't have anything to eat for lunch, ate at around 4pm was busy with meetings! I don't drink anything with caffeine that often....Felt weird: I was jittery and hands were literally shaking, that explains why. Thanks @Brunneria!

:) It's one of the reasons that I am forced to have cream or butter (bulletproof) in my coffee.
I'm sure you appreciate my martyrdom :happy:

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Bf 4 rashers of bacon

Lunch bowl of salad with cheese and a boiled egg

Dinner chicken strips with salad
Nut ball and few strawberries and dollop of cream
Water all day

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Breakfast: 3 egg swiss cheese omelette, 2 breakfast sausages and a cafe latte (whole milk/splenda)

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast 97% sausage! rasher smoked bacon , poached egg, mushroom
Lunch 1sq dark chocolate, green tea
Snack slice boiled ham
Dinner chilli , cheese, dollop sour cream, salad and coleslaw

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Four sausage chipolatas with tbs sugar free maple syrup, 2 fried eggs, coffee - felt like I was in America and I enjoyed every moth full!

Homemade doner in lettuce wrap, diet coke
Pork scratchings

Mussels, caulk mash, broccoli

Cream, melted choc, pumpkin seeds, linseed
Tea

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Four sausage chipolatas with tbs sugar free maple syrup, 2 fried eggs, coffee - felt like I was in America and I enjoyed every moth full!

Homemade doner in lettuce wrap, diet coke
Pork scratchings

Mussels, caulk mash, broccoli

Cream, melted choc, pumpkin seeds, linseed
Tea

I LOVE your typos.
Why do mine never look so good?

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was looking at shop pulled pork today. So many carbs! I love it. When I used to work in soho, we'd pop to bodeans for lunch at least once a month. Yummmmmmm x

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Guess wot we had for dinner?

Fair warning: It's all going to be your fault.

Based on your stated intention of substituting the (pulled) pork with brisket, I have a variation on your theme bubbling in the slow cooker now. I went to the butcher to buy brisket, but somehow didn't fancy it when I got there. I can be a bit like that with meat. Anyway, a couple of beef short ribs later, and the future is set.

Where do I send your share?

Susiespearish

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast 2 cripsbreads, 13 grm butter,prawns.
Pate on celery
Melon .
Dinner VILE "slim Fettucini " 0 carbs with creme fraiche and some parmasan mixed in .

Went to pot and ate a 1/4 of a New York Cheesecake at 11.and a whole tin of Macaroni cheese at 2.00 am

Bloods 10.5 lowest fasting for weeks :wideyed:

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast 2 cripsbreads, 13 grm butter,prawns.
Pate on celery
Melon .
Dinner VILE "slim Fettucini " 0 carbs with creme fraiche and some parmasan mixed in .

Went to pot and ate a 1/4 of a New York Cheesecake at 11.and a whole tin of Macaroni cheese at 2.00 am

Bloods 10.5 lowest fasting for weeks :wideyed:

Blimey. I just asked for a comparator on the fasting thread, but now I see this.

I found with pasta, when trying to get my bloods down, that I didn't actually get the ginagerous spike some do, but I did get a slow, lowish rise, then levelling off. Then I would have a slightly raised reading all next day. Nowadays, it doesn't have the same impact.

I know testing and scientific anaylsis wasn't uppermost in your mind, but I would have been fascinated to understand what your levels were at 11pm and 2am. Should this recur, and I'm not suggesting you replicate it deliberately, could you test? Some of these learnings can give us the clues we're sometimes searching for.

Susiespearish

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Blimey. I just asked for a comparator on the fasting thread, but now I see this.

I know testing and scientific anaylsis wasn't uppermost in your mind, but I would have been fascinated to understand what your levels were at 11pm and 2am. Should this recur, and I'm not suggesting you replicate it deliberately, could you test? Some of these learnings can give us the clues we're sometimes searching for.

I know what my levels were at 1.00 am I was doing my usual before bed test but didn't get there .They were 13.8 .Just had to check :) I expected in the 20's having just pigged 0ut on cheesecake but ...nope .

Last edited by a moderator:

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Cheesecake has a good fat content that would slow down the glucose release so that may have happened? You can make lovely low carb cheesecakes. They're just the same as normal ones. I keep mine in portions in freezer for a treat now and again....

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Susiespearish

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
@Debmcgee Oh you'll have to share the recipe but not if it's wildly high in fat :D I've decided to cut out most of my fat from today .I had been losing weight steadily and dropped from 18st 2 to 16st 6 four weeks ago just cutting back on portion sizes .Now I've stopped losing and i think it's the fat content.

I appreciate we all have our own ways but I very firmly blame The Atkins Diet for losing my gall bladder and my kidney damage Deb.I lost over three stone on it very quickly but within weeks I was jaundiced and had to have my gallbladder removed and I stuck to it religiously .That was over five years ago .For many it works and I'll cheer you on if that's your chosen method ...but it's not for me :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fair warning: It's all going to be your fault.

Based on your stated intention of substituting the (pulled) pork with brisket, I have a variation on your theme bubbling in the slow cooker now. I went to the butcher to buy brisket, but somehow didn't fancy it when I got there. I can be a bit like that with meat. Anyway, a couple of beef short ribs later, and the future is set.

Where do I send your share?

I'll settle for the recipe - assuming you used a different one from the Spice Men's?

Status
Not open for further replies.