Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fantastic news! Ate mash and didn't spike high!:woot:

B: coffee with cream and
Edited to add (cos I forgot) 4 of my meaty breakfast balls
S: coyo
L: 2 oatcakes with a lot of taramasalata (won't buy more oatcakes after this, but glad I've checked them out)
D: out for meal with friend. Chose belly pork, which was delicious. It came with lovely fresh green wilted crinkly cabbage and a hefty dollop of creamed garlicky mash. And I ate it all, plus the lovely creamy mustard gravy/sauce.

The mash was very, very, nice. And with a great deal of trepidation, I tested after:
7.1 at 1 hr
8.2 at 2 hr
7.0 at 2.5 hr

Am absolutely delighted! Of course, 8+ is higher than I would like, but it is much lower than I expected. And much lower than it would have been 3 months ago.

Another example of how great that diabetes miracle eating programme is. Diane Cress really does know what she is talking about, and my pancreas wouldn't have coped with that meal nearly so well before I followed the programme.

:):):)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 8 people

alliebee

still a bit shakey and achey which is usual after a bad attack( think it makes my fibro worse) but I got on my exercise bike and did 20 minutes and three mins sit ups. Thank you for asking. It is very kind although I feel such a moaner sometimes when I think of you with your MS. XX
I can cope with ms I've got good pain relief but I think one of the worst things to suffer with is severe anxiety. I truly feel for you and on top of that you get chronic pain with fibro which is horrid x

Reactions: 2 people

alliebee

Fantastic news! Ate mash and didn't spike high!:woot:

B: coffee with cream and coyo
L: 2 oatcakes with taramasalata (won't buy more oatcakes after this, but glad I've checked them out)
D: out for meal with friend. Chose belly pork, which was delicious. It came with lovely fresh green wilted crinkly cabbage and a hefty dollop of creamed garlicky mash. And I ate it all, plus the lovely creamy mustard gravy/sauce.

The mash was very, very, nice. And with a great deal of trepidation, I tested after:
7.1 at 1 hr
8.2 at 2 hr
7.0 at 2.5 hr

Am absolutely delighted! Of course, 8+ is higher than I would like, but it is much lower than I expected. And much lower than it would have been 3 months ago.

Another example of how great that diabetes miracle eating programme is. Diane Cress really does know what she is talking about, and my pancreas wouldn't have coped with that meal nearly so well before I followed the programme.

:):):)
Delighted for you and very jealous lol

Reactions: 6 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I can cope with ms I've got good pain relief but I think one of the worst things to suffer with is severe anxiety. I truly feel for you and on top of that you get chronic pain with fibro which is horrid x

Thanks . The fibromyalgia is manageable and I often have periods of relief but the anxiety really sucks. My mum has had it all her life too and my son has OCD so I guess it's familial.

Reactions: 4 people

Nyxks

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Discrimination based on gender, age, medical conditions, etc.
Breakfast
EnjoyLife chocolate ungranola with a serving of vanilla soygurt n a cup of coffee
Pre meal = 3.8 ... Post meal 4.5

Lunch
Rice, mango salsa, tofu, peppers, red onion, lettuce and "better than" sour cream
Pre meal = 5.2 ... Post meal = 5.4

Dinner
Grilled tofu with a chili lime gluten free balsamic glaze and a mixed salad of spring mix, mushrooms, celery, garlic, ginger, red onion and snow peas.
Pre meal = 5.1 ... waiting for post

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Brekkie:
10 Blueberries, Greek yoghurt, toasted flaked almonds, cinnamon and vanilla.
Lunch:
Home made pea soup ( frozen peas, onion, green chilli, parsley, basil, turned in hot oil, veggie stock cube and water added and cooked together and then liquidised. Cheese slices wrapped in ice gem leaves. Sugar free jelly and cream.
Supper:
1 sea bass fillet topped with fresh ginger, black pepper, salt, oil, baked for 20 mins. Baked alongside: tomato halves sprinkled with walnuts, green chilli, herbs and garlic. Some steamed cauliflower. Also had one slice of other half's sweet potato, chipped and baked a little longer than the fish and toms, with butter and black pepper.

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
B: blackberries and Greek yoghurt with single cream
Had the beginnings of a hypo just before lunch bg 3.6, so had 2 glucose tablets then
L: ham, blue cheese, tomatoes, radishes and coleslaw followed by blackberries with yoghurt
D: out for the evening, so had a snack in the car, ham, cheese and some cashew nuts.
Supper: finished off blackberries with yoghurt and cream, and a wee dram of whiskey :)

alliebee

I've made 6 pots of chutney today for christmas. I pot of a low carbish one for me from the site "all day I dream of food"
Great recipes...I had a boiled egg for breakfast
My soup chicken and leek I made for lunch with rye sourdough bread
Dinner is in slow cooker. Beef and guiness casserole.with shallots 2 carrots ..lots and lots of cubed shin beef and a tin of guiness and stock

Reactions: 9 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast turkey bacon scrambled eggs
Lunch ham and veg soup from deli ( too many carbs) soy latte
Dinner lamb done in slow cooker with onion, carrots , rosemary , garlic and 1tbsp red currant jelly , large sprinkling of gravy granules - will serve with green beans, cauli cheese and peas and yorkshires for them what has them.

Reactions: 7 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
Haven't posted for a little while, but today had:
Almond porridge for breakfast - have finally settled on a breakfast routine that I like and works for my DP! I can even have some raspberries in it without spiking! The trick for me is making it with coconut oil. At last I can have what really looks like a proper bowl of hot cereal/normal breakfast, but without the carbs. Am so chuffed!

Lunch: 2 egg and mushroom omelette with broccoli, cheese and a little fresh tomato sauce. A bit of ice cream (rare treat)

Tea will be sausages, spring greens and a little butternut squash

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
OMG

I feel guilty telling you all about this - it was such an orgasmic eating experience, I risk corrupting you all simply by telling you about it:

Decided I needed a bedtime snack.
Went foraging.
Decided my peanut 9bar wasn't enough.
So added some extra thick double cream, spooned over the crumbled 9bar, in a bowl.

Divine.

Better than most of the desserts I have ever paid good money for in restaurants.

Could this be even better gently warmed in the microwave I wonder? (just the 9 bar - would make it a bit caramel like)

Reactions: 5 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - 4 x Good Little Sausages, 2 large organic tomatoes on the vine, grilled
L - half avocado, 10g blue Stilton, 6 cherry tomatoes on the vine, sprinkling of pine nuts
D - Will be - chicken and mushroom omelette with wilted spinach . Coconut Collaborative natural coconut yoghurt sprinkled with flaked almonds.

Has anyone seen this? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...-eight-hour-time-frame-NEVER-snack-night.html

Gotta dash - supper's on the table...;)

alliebee

Breakfast was a third try with porridge. A much smaller portion but as advised on here made with water and a hefty glug of double cream
Result! Porridge back on the menu!
L was avocado half grilled with mozzarella and chilli and salad
Supper is pork tenderloin with creamy cabbage and a few ribbons of carrot

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 2x fried eggs, bacon & tomato; coffee
L: Home-made spicy veg soup with half a leftover sausage and smokey chipotle sauce, all whizzed up
Snack after walk: berries, seeds & double cream
Tea (cooking now): Salmon in Thai-type coconut milk and spices, braised fennel (not tried that before), steamed broccoli & cauli.

EDIT salmon recipe delicious but fennel overpowering. Keep 'em separate next time.

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
B: cupboard was a bit bare this morning so I had a slice of ham and cheese
L: ham salad and a naughty sponge and custard
Burgers sans buns with mediterranean veg and berries yoghurt and cream later tonight
Snacks: popcorn

Reactions: 2 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Dinner was meat pattie and veg (onions zucchini) Reading pre dinner was 5.8 then 7.2 at one hour. Decided to treat myself to 4 squares of 65% cocao.

WON'T do that again ... shot up to 8.8 at 2 hours so I pounded the pavement for 20 minutes. took at reading at 2 1/4 hours and it dropped back to 6.8. I have no doubt exercise post a meal REALLY drops my numbers.

5.7 this morning.

Reactions: 3 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hmmm let's see:

Coffeencream. Then 4 of my meaty breakfast balls. Don't really think I needed all 4, but hey ho, they ARE lush.
Unfortunately, Mr B has abbreviated the name. He's calling them Meaty Balls. You can imagine the rest of the sentence. He's only doing it to annoy me. It's working.
Snack of 11g carb popcorn, dipped in extra thick double cream. Oh my.
Hummus, salad and a 9bar
Lemon garlic butter chicken, with sugarsnaps, 1/4 of Mr B's innocent veg pot, berries&cream

Reactions: 7 people

msmi1970

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
just came off two days where i had 5 eggs + 3 tablespoons of butter for brekky followed by 24 hr fast. kept peeing like body was a sieve..

today, brekky was 4 free range eggs (half boiled) with two tablespoons of butter and two tablespoons of coconut oil. black french press kenyan coffee.
tea was 3 medium cuts of lamb shoulder (with fat) pan fried in three tablespoons of butter..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.