Status
Not open for further replies.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
I do tend to steam cauli as it can get bit watery, but I have used frozen and just boiled it. I do make sure I leave it to drain well and then return to pan and pop on ring just to ensure it's dry before mashing.
Thanks... :)

Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Mmmm mixeď today

Lots of eggs!

B. 2 fried eggs, 2 rashers of bacon -working from home.
L. Left it late, then starving, succumbed to a sausage sarnie on white bread ( no bergen in freezer!). Tasted fab though but bs 10.7 after 2 hours :eek: but down to 5.2 at 3h:).
D. will be sausages and egg omelette ( with added butter and cream :happy:)
Do you suppose that high spike followed by a normal reading after three is ok? It would seem that the fact that you came down so quickly would make it ok now and again?

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Erm, (only the pith), crusts? Breadcrumbs.....:confused: only time I heard of pith is the white stuff on oranges between flesh and rind
Fun, isn't it? I assume he means take the crusts off... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I bet she got away with it, cos she's defatted her liver, and skinnified, and reversed, and everything.
(this is me green with envy, in case you didn't realise ;))
Me too... but how do you know if you've de-fatted your liver?

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yesterday ate pretty much same as day before BG 6.3 all day

Today the same bar dinner, mushroom omelette, piece of cheese and jelly for pud.

I have not had hardly any carbs last 3 days and my BG and FBG have been amazing, but I've had heart palpitations ongoing throughout the last two days, does anyone else have ?
I do have Wolf Parkinson White syndrome (irregular beat) but not had for a while, could serious low carbing be doing this ? or maybe it is stress related also as wife is quite ill :(
I had a few odd moments - one in the night which woke me - wondered if I'd been eating too many nuts as they can be high in histamines?

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I think you can get palpitations with low carbing. It is mentioned on diet doctor I'm sure. Perhaps mention it to your health care provider. I get them but mine are either from ongoing anxiety disorder or the change, as they did get worse when that kicked in. I also notice them when my Bs goes below 4.7- not a genuine hypo but obviously low for me.
Thanks for that...

Blessedarethecheesemakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B: 2 boiled eggs, bit of cheddar
L: salad made of celery, cucumber, red pepper, tuna, aioli, a boiled egg. Followed by some pistachios and some 85% Lindt.
D: bbq: sausages, 2 mini burgers, halloumi. Mushrooms. Lettuce tomato and avocado. Mayonnaise. Another portion of 85% Lindt but that is now the end of the bar and I am not planning to buy more for a while or make a habit of it.

Reactions: 4 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast boiled egg spelt toast bacon
Lunch ham mushroom onion frittata with red slaw and salad
Snack 2sq dark choc soy cappuccino
Dinner keema pea and spinach curry, salad , onion bajhia and 1/2 poppadum

Reactions: 8 people

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
QUOTE="Susikav, post: 756099, member: 132482"]Do you suppose that high spike followed by a normal reading after three is ok? It would seem that the fact that you came down so quickly would make it ok now and again?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure to be honest, @Susikav it would be nice if it was. Would welcome anyones opinion in that? Mightvtrybit again sometime (not for a while!) and maybe test at 1, 2 and 3 hr to see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sable_Jan

B: 2 boiled eggs, bit of cheddar
L: salad made of celery, cucumber, red pepper, tuna, aioli, a boiled egg. Followed by some pistachios and some 85% Lindt.
D: bbq: sausages, 2 mini burgers, halloumi. Mushrooms. Lettuce tomato and avocado. Mayonnaise. Another portion of 85% Lindt but that is now the end of the bar and I am not planning to buy more for a while or make a habit of it.
What's aioli pls? My phone recognizes the word but I don't know it :confused:

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Try upping your salt. Drink bovril or broth made from a stock cube and water.
When we start low carbing, our body dumps water retention quite fast, and as it does, it flushes some useful minerals out at the same time (potassium and magnesium, I think)

I really don't want to imply I can advise you on heart palpitations (You need to consult a HCP!),
but -for information only - have a read of this
http://www.webmd.boots.com/a-to-z-guides/low-potassium-hypokalaemia
You can get potassium supplements from boots or holland and barratt.
I get cramps in hot weather, and always have a bottle of potassium tablets on hand.
Ahhh... thank you! It explains a lot... I get cramps too, and have to take more salt... I use the pink Himalayan crystals and put them in everything...

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
What's aioli pls? My phone recognizes the word but I don't know it :confused:
It's a puree of garlic in mayo isn't it? Or maybe just the garlic? It's very strong and lovely... if you like garlic... maybe just garlic and olive oil... hah, maybe I ought to look it up... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yesterday's food:

B - face 9bar and coffee with cream
L - small pice of salmon 28gs Cheshire cheese and a large green salad
D - very naughty, scampi & chips with peas... When it came I suddenly realised that I didn't want it .... I ate all he scampi and about 6 chips and left the rest....I was amazed with myself and annoyed also.. I really didn't enjoy it one bit...the thought was definitely better than the reality.
Isn't that strange? I pinched two chips from my husband's plate last night and enjoyed them not a whit... :) I'm so pleased... :joyful:

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
So far
Breakfast: toast loaded with butter and 1 tsp marmalade
Lunch: Quorn Korma (using jar sauce) with sweetcorn and rice
Tea: Ditto but with Naan Bread instead of rice (45g carbs)
Snacks: oh, not had any yet BUT I have just "baked" a apple and blackberry crumble (sachet fruit and ready mixed crumble) that I intend to have "some" of but as with @Kezzer4321 it may be that the crumble really is better in thought than reality but if I DO have some it will be with thick squirty cream (damage limitations and all that :hilarious:)
You're being a bit naughty... is it the cold weather do you think? :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
B: 2 rashers bacon fried in own fat, 2 eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes all fried in butter
L: leftover warmed-up veg & nut loaf with mixed salad, mayo, gherkins
D: lamb mince cooked in red wine with tomato & rosemary layered with aubergine, topped with cauli & cheese mash, more cheese, yoghurt & paprika
Your lamb dish sounds wonderful... :hungry:

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Being new to the site it's been great to go through this thread seeing what you all have I have been having egg and bacon etc and trying to keep to low carbs but having a very bad cold and cough it makes it harder as I think cough mixture and throut sweets are making it hard to work out but hopefully next week it will have gone
Thanks for this thread really helpful
Welcome... When you are not well your BG numbers go up anyway.. next week will be better... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Is there anyway of finding out the carb content of a homemade Indian meal? Trying to use Carbs&Cals to work it out but its proving well nigh impossible.
Just don't use potato or rice - or naan bread - and you don't need to count... :) I hope you enjoy it... :hungry:

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
B small bowl of porridge 7.4, 2hr 6.7 (last time I had it really spiked me bad so happy with that, once in a while treat)
L Som Tam, pork scratchings and slice of cheese, sugar free jelly. 5.9, 2hr 7.4
2 x hot Bovril (thx Ethyl & Brun much better today, still some but not as bad)
D Tom Kha Gai & omelette 6.2, 2hr 7.8
View attachment 11438
Gorgeous... envy... :hungry:

Status
Not open for further replies.