What is it that would make diabetics happiest?

saz1

It would make me very happy to see the power of food and medicines industry cut down to size and professionals to actually accept that we can't all put in a same mould. And to see fruit and veg prices slashed and the reduction added to all the yellow, processed foods that are full of cr*p so they would't be the staple for so many people. :evil:

Trim

Finding that the endobarrier was available on the national health and that I could have the procedure to reduce weight and type two done by my GP tomorrow. :D

saz1

No offence Trim but are you somehow involved with the endobarrier? It seems you are blowing that horn a lot... :wink:

cyb3rminx

Dislikes
anything that is good for you
what would make me happy
a new pancreas
for the doctor to find out why i am only diabetic in family (type 1)
and of course A CURE
:D

If manufacturers increased the size of there mini chocolate Easter eggs. I can remember when the were large and had large yellow yokes or is it jokes. Perhaps they could have a promotion and sell double yokers for Easter. That would make me happy!

Type One Devil :twisted:

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
What would make me the happiest, would be if the medical establishment culd assure me that they are working towards finding a cure, or at least researching the best way to treat diabetes.

If they could assure me that their number 1 priority is the diabetioc patient, and not the pharmaceutical companies that benefit from the continuing (mis)treatment of diabetics.

And sugar free jelly sweets that don't act like a laxative! :lol: :twisted:

Nomi

educating the public properly about all types of diabetes. im fed up of people tellin me i can't eat certain foods, when they're neither a dr or a diabetic!

dr.sweet

the thing that annoys my cousin is that not being able to eat any thing in any amount , the meds she take , and the stuff she have to carry

her life would be great if she recovered from diabetes .

kyoung09

by the way you can get pumps which go into your arm which monitor and give continuous insulin when you need it? so its normal again? that jonas brother has it.. look it up. it was also in a newspaper. maybe make options like this a bit cheaper and well known.. goes into thousands i think but probably get it on NHS as they give BOOB JOBS to people if 'confidence is affected'.

Just for people to not feel sorry for us? Insurance normal.. treated the same. Get as many needles as we want.. get them delivered to our house so we dont have to waste petrol getin them twice a month :/ lol! x i wouldn't not want to have it, because im in control? i would feel really guilty if i didn't have to inject because something was working again? like when i forget an injectoin or eat something naughty its guilt haha! made me think a lot more about what im putting in me though and the rubbish they put into fizzy drinks.