"What the health" documentary

hooner

Did anyone here see the documentary "what the health". the part were they talk about type 1 diabetes.
I found it interesting and am pondering over why we are deliberatly given misinformation about type 1 diabetes as told in the document.
The document made it seem like there was a "big pharma" or "monetary" conspiracy behind it.

what's your view about the documentary?

MarkMunday

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It is a documentary that focuses on how vested interests pretty much control conventional medicine and the way disease is treated. While at times it looks like a conspiracy theory, there is is a lot of merit in the content. The biggest vested interests are the food industry, which promotes high carb eating, and the pharmaceutical industry, which does whatever it takes to sell more drugs at the highest price possible. Such is the nature of business. It is a Netflix movie. Here is a Youtube trailer .

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It is a documentary that focuses on how vested interests pretty much control conventional medicine and the way disease is treated. While at times it looks like a conspiracy theory, there is is a lot of merit in the content. The biggest vested interests are the food industry, which promotes high carb eating, and the pharmaceutical industry, which does whatever it takes to sell more drugs at the highest price possible. Such is the nature of business. It is a Netflix movie. Here is a Youtube trailer .

It's also a vegan propaganda movie. A lot of the "science" is based on Greger and Barnard's biased and at times downright misleading studies.

I'd take any claims made by it with a very large bucket of salt.

Last edited:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Did anyone here see the documentary "what the health". the part were they talk about type 1 diabetes.
I found it interesting and am pondering over why we are deliberatly given misinformation about type 1 diabetes as told in the document.
The document made it seem like there was a "big pharma" or "monetary" conspiracy behind it.

what's your view about the documentary?

Hi,

Yep, I saw the documentary in it's entirety a few months back.. We were advised by "Steve-O" from the "back home from the pub" late night TV clown stunt show "Jack ****." That chicken causes diabetes...

A little suspect in my view. Shoddy reporting to be kind to it. & I was hoping to get my mind blown? But got "informed" eggs were like smoking cigarettes..

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This was discussed at length in other threads last year, and has been exposed as a vegan funded propaganda glossy video that is actually misleading and had little or no scientific merit.