What the hell can I eat-India

Philip99

Morning all

Now here is a challenge for you all!

I am off to India for work again, for 2 weeks, but what the hell can I eat?

Now we do stay in a lovely 5 star hotel, which is fine, however, that does not mean the food is safe.

Last time I went, I ate toast for breakfast, cereal bars that I took with me all day, and then pizza and fries in the evening-all fairly safe re bugs etc.

Now I am diagnosed type 2, that diet is not acceptable of course.

Issue is, the salad cant be eaten due to the hygiene, the lovely looking fruit at buffets cant be eaten for the same reasons and I would rather stick pins in my own testicles than eat the fish. It all looks amazing, but hygiene is very poor and company policy also dictates staying away from those items.

So any help is appreciated!!!!

WhitbyJet

Hi Phillip
Husband and I travelled India 2 years ago, we ate what the locals ate, with plenty of yogurt every day to give us the healthy gut bacteria, and it worked for us; no salads, but cooked dishes of veggies and curries and tandoori, occasionally we bought some cheeses, one of the hotels we stayed in even made up special desserts based on yogurt and coconut milk with spices but without sugar.
We also too Acidophilus and Garlic caps with us, we didnt have any stomach troubles whilst there, I wasnt actually worried about that aspect, was far more worried when I woke up on the second day and there was a massive black spider just inches away from my face, when I say massive I mean its body was as big as my husbands fist, boy did we move out of the way fast!!
Enjoy your stay!!

Grazer

Loads of lovely curry, veggie side dishes etc. Small amount of basmati rice not too bad. If it's a 5 star hotel, I wouldn't worry about the salad. Alsdo, get fruit but peelable fruit or wash the skins in your own bottled mineral water. I worked for British India for 10 years, worked all over India, never had Delhi Belly. Drink plenty of beer, or wine or spirits if that's your taste, to help kill the stomach bacteria! :thumbup:
(no, beer won't usually raise your BG despite the carbs because the alcohol prevents the liver from processing it properly)
Have fun.