What to do with empty test strip pots?

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am going to try this, cover them in glitter or beads etc, sell them on eBay as tooth fairy, tooth holder for under pillow
A real crafty devil would also add kiddies names to personalise them - a few offcuts of sign writing vinyl and a cheap computerised craft cutter and away you go. All royalties to me please! :D:D

Robbity

RoseofSharon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know it's ridiculous, but the test strip pots for my meter are so well-made that I don't want to throw them away when they're empty! I know, I know, don't judge me - I hear how stupid that sounds! :rolleyes: Is there anyone else out there who feels the same?

I can't think of anything particularly clever to do with them, other than storing tiny things and thought I'd throw down the gauntlet to see if there's anyone with imagination out there.

Consider the gauntlet... dropped...go!

I use mine to carry spare lancet needles / used needles while out... Then the needles go in my sharps box when I get home.

Tara2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I use mine to put my used fine point needles in when I'm out for the day.
I peel the label off and mark "used needles" on the top and side, then keep it in the bag with my meter and flex pens, then empty it in my sharpes bin.

Serendipity21

I know it's ridiculous, but the test strip pots for my meter are so well-made that I don't want to throw them away when they're empty! I know, I know, don't judge me - I hear how stupid that sounds! :rolleyes: Is there anyone else out there who feels the same?

I can't think of anything particularly clever to do with them, other than storing tiny things and thought I'd throw down the gauntlet to see if there's anyone with imagination out there.

Consider the gauntlet... dropped...go!

My father asks me to keep mine - he uses them for lots of things in his shed or garage to keep screws/nails etc and he uses them for his fishing stuff too.

:)

Icehammer_

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Pretty tolerant of most things
I tie flies for a hobby, I drill a small hole in the lids and store wool and dubbing in them. You pull a small amount though the hole and take off what you need. Can use hot glue or rubber bands to keep several together.

I also use them for storing beads and fishing hooks in just place a label on the side to identify the size contained.

Reactions: 3 people

evelygtc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
non
I keep my medication in them and put them in my handbag when I go travelling.
It is so good. Do not want to throw them away.

fowlerjacqui

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I keep one in my diabetes case for when I am out and about to put my used needles and lancets in and then transfer to the large box when I get home. Have got sharps written on the top and sides. My nurse was very impressed!!

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Shep62

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I use mine to hold my medication that I dispense on a weekly basis, two pots a day. Works for me.

LunaCrystal

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've painted one of mine and use it for on the go sharps.
7d54200d41c6ffbfcd8cd47896bc2763.jpg

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
Or how about a container for the urine sample if they forget to give you one at the surgery. :eek:n

OK I'm being silly now
Not in the slightest , I've done just that, but only the once :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2 people

Grawill

Type of diabetes
Type 2
If you use bamboo canes in the garden then test strip pots make good cane toppers the local garden centre can do without that bit of profit

Reactions: 2 people

Ljm84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I fill them with little portions of granola for hypos and have them in all my bags and pockets just in case.

Reactions: 3 people