What to do with mini peaches

Ray807

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have this mini peach tree and it is full and i mean full (100s) of mini peaches, a little smaller than golf balls, taste beautiful.
But, as we know to much fruit is a no no for T2s. I do eat a couple a day and they seem not to effect me.
I was wondering if anyone had an idea what to do with them to preserve/freeze them so i can just have one or two per day
I know....give them away..lol..I have given heaps away but nobody wants anymore and they will just get thrown away. So any ideas please.

Reactions: Antje77

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A Google search will tell you that peaches freeze nicely and there seems to be more than one method of doing so including freezing them whole - check out some links here to see what might be the best option for your tiny ones!

Happy eating! :hungry::hungry:

Last edited:
Reactions: Brunneria

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Cherries preserve nicely in brandy - maybe you could do the same with peaches....?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Ray807 , Yes, I'd consider a brandy bath for them - just was, dry and halve, the put in a Kilner or other jar with a decent lid, and ignore for several weeks.

I have a couple of gizmos with allow me to make infusions and preserves a bit quicker. I imagine peach infused vodka (or maybe gin) would be very nice, as indeed with brandy.

I would do those by chopping the fruit, then adding to my Soda Splash and infuse with Nitrous, or alternatively, use a zip lokck bag and put them in the water bath for a few hours. Both those methods speed the process to a handful of minutes, start to finish, and a few hours respectively.

(The Soda Splash element can be done in a syphon cream whipper if you have one).

They fruit could be dehydrated, but that's going to make the product sweeter, by virtue of concentrating the sugar, so maybe not the best idea.

Finally, if you truly are unimpacted by the fruit (I find the fewer food miles a fruit has the better I cope with it - - tropical fruit in the tropics, fine, in UK, less fine for me), you could peel (if you prefer it without the skin) chop and just add a couple of tablespoons of water to soften to a coulis - mash or pass through a sieve if want a very smooth coulis. Served on plain yoghurt, that could be nice.

Ray807

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for replies and ideas.
I thought the best idea would be to freeze them but they need to be blanched and peeled.
Try to peel these little devils would be a nightmare they are just about bite size.
Thinking of justsquishing them and freeze in small containers skin on and see how they come out.
Hate to throw them away.
Anyone live Near Hervey Bay Qld, Aus you can have them

Hotpepper20000

If you halve them and freeze them with out blanching and peeling, I would guess the peel would come off easily when they thaw.
I used to do this with Italian prune plums. Then they are ready for baking.