What To Eat Before Exercise And What To Exercise

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sounds more like being semi pro the sessions are high intensity so would burn off any increase in bg levels due to the carb loading
So not a suitable template for most of us moderate exercisers to follow.

Bigbloke48

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Lies,
So not a suitable template for most of us moderate exercisers to follow.
I wouldn't say so. Carbs affect me greatly so I try to keep them very low in my meals. I tend to eat to my meter. And try to intermittent fast only eating in a 6 hour window if possible.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I eat between 100-140g of carbohydrates and I burn it off in 2-3 hours of tennis matches.

Why?
From the Diabetes.UK website:
"What counts as low-carb?

Low-carb is a flexible way of eating that allows you as an individual to choose a level of carbohydrate that works well for your diabetes and lifestyle.

A research study in 2008 [7] used the following brackets to categorise daily carbohydrate intake:
  • Moderate carbohydrate: 130 to 225g of carbs
  • Low carbohydrate: under 130g of carbs
  • Very-low carbohydrate: under 30g of carbs"
The diet you described seemed to be very much based on bread. I understand that this may suit you, given your energy expenditure, but I felt concerned that more ordinary members new to the Forum might think they could eat like this on a low carb diet. It seems to me that although some lucky LC people can manage the odd slice of bread, very few would be able to eat bread as a staple. Of course nevenaves, being T1, can choose between a low carb diet and carb counting, but I'd like it to be an informed choice.

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
From the Diabetes.UK website:
"What counts as low-carb?

Low-carb is a flexible way of eating that allows you as an individual to choose a level of carbohydrate that works well for your diabetes and lifestyle.

A research study in 2008 [7] used the following brackets to categorise daily carbohydrate intake:
  • Moderate carbohydrate: 130 to 225g of carbs
  • Low carbohydrate: under 130g of carbs
  • Very-low carbohydrate: under 30g of carbs"
The diet you described seemed to be very much based on bread. I understand that this may suit you, given your energy expenditure, but I felt concerned that more ordinary members new to the Forum might think they could eat like this on a low carb diet. It seems to me that although some lucky LC people can manage the odd slice of bread, very few would be able to eat bread as a staple. Of course nevenaves, being T1, can choose between a low carb diet and carb counting, but I'd like it to be an informed choice.

We are all different. What works for me doesn’t necessarily work for others. Thank you for the info.

Btw, I don’t eat normal bread. I eat LivLife low carb bread which is about 3.8g carb per slice.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We are all different. What works for me doesn’t necessarily work for others
I was trying to make the point that given your unusually high level of exercise, your diet should not be offered as a model for others who are aiming eg for 30 minutes of moderate activity daily.

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was trying to make the point that given your unusually high level of exercise, your diet should not be offered as a model for others who are aiming eg for 30 minutes of moderate activity daily.

Yes I totally agree. I exercise 2-3 hours or more daily.