What to Eat

Baggy64

Morning. I am a Type 2 and on Metaform Twice a Day but struggling to find a balanced diet. I dont come into typical sufferer according to my doctor, just unlucky he sayz. I am bang on Body Mass being 6'2 and weight in at 13st 9lb so not overweight, my Cholesterol is slightly over, I am a postman and walk between 12 and 14 Miles a day but my readings are between 14.2 and 11.9 on average.
I have cut out sweets, Puddings, Ketchup and reduced my sugar intake drastically but still feel hungry after meals.
It's hard work finding what I should eat and not eat.
Looking for ideas on what I should eat.
Please help, wife losing her enthusiasm with me.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning. I am a Type 2 and on Metaform Twice a Day but struggling to find a balanced diet. I dont come into typical sufferer according to my doctor, just unlucky he sayz. I am bang on Body Mass being 6'2 and weight in at 13st 9lb so not overweight, my Cholesterol is slightly over, I am a postman and walk between 12 and 14 Miles a day but my readings are between 14.2 and 11.9 on average.
I have cut out sweets, Puddings, Ketchup and reduced my sugar intake drastically but still feel hungry after meals.
It's hard work finding what I should eat and not eat.
Looking for ideas on what I should eat.
Please help, wife losing her enthusiasm with me.
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/blog-entry/the-nutritional-thingy.2330/ is my own quick-start guide, it should help the Mrs. regain some of "her enthusiasm". There's a whole mass of information out there that'll help you, but this is just a really fast summary, the bulk of it boiled down, to get you on your feet. As a slim T2 you might not want to skip meals though, if you have no weight to spare you might want to go for 3 meals a day and 3 snacks to keep your weight up to par. If you want to know more, head over to this forum's webpage, diabetes.co.uk (not .org!), dietdoctor.com and look into Dr. Jason Fung's book the Diabetes Code. You should be seeing better levels in no time. Without hunger. And quite possibly you can ditch the metformin before long.

Good luck!
Jo