What was your bg reading last night and this morning?

neithskye

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know there are other threads for fbgs, and for highest/lowest readings in one day. But I've noticed that over the last few weeks my fbgs are often higher than my bg readings after my evening meal the previous night.
eg Monday night 7.0, Tuesday morning 8.0.
Tuesday night 5.9, Wednesday morning 7.2.
I forgot to test on Wednesday evening.

I know this is likely to be because of 'Dawn Phenomenon' but I thought it might be useful for people to record and compare their readings at night and in the morning to see how DP affects us.
Last night my readings were roughly the same, 7.3 at 1945 last night, 7.2 at 0630 today.

I was diagnosed this past July and at first my FBGs were waaaaay higher than my post-meal readings, by like three or four points. They seem to have stabilized now.

LalaALH

Reporting back in - I've made progress! I'm trying a fresh food equivalent to the the Newcastle diet at the moment. But I'm eating it as one big meal around 1pm. This has really lowered my average blood sugars - especially as I take a brisk walk for 45 minutes after eating! So my bgs are now mostly in the 5s and 6s.

Last night 5.2 and this morning 5.8.

But this is a no way a normal eating pattern, I'm aiming for 800 calories a day. Feels like I need to give my liver and pancreas a rest with low bgs for as many hours a day as I can manage. My food is very boring though...

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
8.5, meh! Must have been those luvverly fish and chips last night. My diabetic friend who was sitting next to me told me to notch up the insulin a bit to compensate but I wussed out, still need to hold the DN's hand a bit at the moment. Never mind, live and learn. Great night though, we came 2nd out of 20 teams. Off out to London for a very long walk today with rather a lot of other people ;)

Reactions: Speedbird
K

Knikki

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: 7.0 when went to bed must of done a slight over correction at 03:00am woke to a 2.2.

One day I might get it right only been practising for the past 50+ years :cat:

Reactions: Julia99 and Pasha

brassyblonde900

Type of diabetes
Type 2
BG yesterday was an odyssey that's the only way I can describe it
bgsunday2.jpg

it was 3.2 last night
4.1 this morning
I now know what happened yesterday with my BG (I'm assuming at this stage).
I suspect it was the Splenda I started adding to my morning Joe.
Apparently it causes a cephalic insulin response.
Strangely after my coffee with my first meal around past 3 I felt ok all day. I had woken up with a slight headache, which soon went away once I ate.
Mind I had coffee with that meal, maybe the caffeine banished it for good.
My Ketones were 2.3
The 2.9 was after a 30min walk to pick up some groceries, when they open @ 10:00AM
The 3.2 was after my usual evening walk
The 4.1s are post prandial from 1st meal yesterday and FBS this morning

Last edited:
Reactions: Pasha and Prem51

Flora123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.7 last night and 7.4 this morning. Not been like that for months..... oh the last time I saw my MIL too. How can a woman have so much effect!!

Reactions: Prem51
K

Knikki

6.9 last night 7.1 this morning, bit of surprise as it was pizza night last night, but hey I'm not complaining.

Reactions: Prem51

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 and 5.9 - and nothing carby at all.
I'm succeeding, after a fashion, but low carb will have to be a permanent lifestyle.
At least my waistline is reducing - looks like another set of clothes will be needed by Christmas, but weight is remaining steady.